Kawhi Leonard suffered a sprained ankle in last year's playoffs.
Leonard has only played in eight games this season, having returned on December 12 but having been held out of four of the Spurs' past 10 games, as the team has tried to manage his recovery.More news: H&M apologizes for ad of black boy in 'Coolest Monkey' hoodie
"I don't know", Popovich added.
Kawhi missed the first 27 games of the season recovering from a thigh injury that occurred in the offseason and has had minutes restrictions placed on him since coming back on top of missing another five games as the team has managed his return to full playing time.
The Spurs were also originally optimistic about the right quad tendinopathy that lingered for Leonard from last season into training camp. While they are unclear about how long his recovery will take, they are hopeful he can play Thursday.More news: National Football League to look into Panthers' handling of injury to Cam Newton
Leonard missed a huge chunk of the season due to a quadriceps injury and he has only appeared in eight games since he returned to the court. Not only that, but the perennial MVP was starting to look like his old self. Meanwhile, the Spurs are 27-14 out west-5.5 games behind the Golden State Warriors. Against the Knicks and Suns, Kawhi would post back-to-back 20-point games.
Leonard was ruled out of Sunday night's game at Portland, and the Spurs plan to evaluate Leonard over the next couple of days of its current road trip. "The Klaw" is now averaging 15.1 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 1.4 steals nightly in the seven games he has played since making his return.More news: Green Bay Packers promote Brian Gutekunst to general manager position
- Golden Globes 2018: Stars take activists as dates on red carpet
- Ibuprofen may increase risk of fertility issues in men, study suggests
- Rivals.com reporter Courtney Roland found safe, but in confused state
- Billionaire behind Trump impeachment ads to bankroll Democrats for US House
- Red Sparrow Trailer #2: Jennifer Lawrence Is an Assassin on the Run
- CES 2018: Project Linda Turns Razer Phone Into A Laptop
- Mostly cloudy, chance of snow showers — TODAY'S FORECAST
- Former Google Engineer Who Wrote Diversity Memo Files Suit
- Trump postpones his 'fake news' awards
- Jags defeat Bills in defensive battle