Describing his grief, her father told the BBC: "It's like the world has ended".
Seven-year-old Zainab, who was raped and murdered by an unidentified person, was laid to rest amid tears and grief at the Khawaja Sahib Graveyard in Kasur on Wednesday night. Zainab, who was staying with an aunt while her parents were on a pilgrimage, was reported missing Friday.
"Crowd outside DCO office in Kasur trying to break gate - stones pelted - police fired into the air - at least two vehicles burnt - 2 policemen injured - city has shut down - also major roads into city blocked", tweeted, a Pakistani journalist Omar R Quraishi.
Zainab Ansari was caught on CCTV being led away by a mystery man and was later found raped and strangled on a rubbish pile about a mile from her home.More news: Dark Souls Remastered Confirmed For Nintendo Switch
I hope and pray the culprits are not only brought to justice but made an example of. The locals in Kasur were assuming that Zainab might be sold or murdered after rape.
Pakistan is fuming over the rape and murder of an eight-year-old girl, who was found dumped in trash after repeated sexual assault.
Citizens were furious because this was the 12th incident of a girl being adducted, raped, and killed within the past year in Kasur district, police say. Zainab was an innocent child and she was horrifically tortured & murdered, my heart breaks for her family.
Pakistan's Malala Yousafzai, the youngest ever Nobel Peace Price victor, lent her voice to the push for justice. However, lawmakers have said that the family is partly to be blamed for the crime.More news: Martin Guptill returns to form to beat rain and Pakistan
"If there is any humanity, they should take action immediately."
In a condemnation posted on Twitter, PTI chief stated: "This is not the first time such horrific acts have happened".
The Govt and Concerned security institutions have to act swiftly to punish the guilty and ensure that children are better protected and the government must be mindful of its responsibility to protect the life, honour and property of the masses.
Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Thursday announced Rs10 million reward for any information about the identity of the culprit.
Zanaid's was abducted from from outside her house in Pakistan's Punjab province.More news: Winter flu outbreak hits Hong Kong, with ten reported deaths
- Facebook Dismisses Claim WhatsApp Chat Groups Can Be Infiltrated
- Acer Chromebook 11 embraces USB-C and Google Play
- H-1B Visa Rules: Latest Development Seen 'Positive' For Indian IT
- Walmart Announces Higher Starting Wages, Bonuses, and Benefits Thanks to Tax Reform
- Seth Meyers Slams Weinstein and Spacey ... To Open Globes 2018
- Kawhi benched in Portland with partial shoulder tear
- Keith Urban, Nicole Kidman Turn 2018 Golden Globes Into Date Night
- Donald Trump seemed to forget the words to the United States national anthem
- Dustin Johnson Wins Tournament Of Champions In Hawaii By Eight Shots
- Post University Online Program Ranked High