No injuries were reported.
"A cordon remains in place around the auto park and people are asked to avoid the immediate location and not to attend to make any enquiries about vehicles".
People had to leave their cars behind and flee, as 4,000 spectators were evacuated as the final event of the Liverpool International Horse Show was abandoned at Echo Arena.
The horses were moved to safety inside the arena.More news: Shilpa Shinde's Emotional Breakdown At The Press Conference
French show jumper Daniel Delsart was supposed to be competing in a show.
"I'm just so glad no horses or people were injured or killed".
The Liverpool International Horse Show was being held at the arena in the city centre on Sunday.
"The actual place was just on fire, you could hear the cars exploding, you could hear the auto alarms going off everywhere".
An old Land Rover with its engine on fire is thought by firefighters to be the source of the blaze. Although crews attended within eight minutes of the alarm, the flames spread so quickly they were not able to control the blaze, he added. They were coming past the tires. "It looked like a ball of fire on the front of the auto and it was producing a lot of smoke".More news: Facebook Dismisses Claim WhatsApp Chat Groups Can Be Infiltrated
Chief Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service Officer Dan Stephens said tightened budgets meant large fires presented huge challenges.
Many staying in the nearby apartments have been evacuated and people have been asked to be prepared for a possible building collapse.
Liverpool's mayor, Joe Anderson, said the fire started in a Land Rover and police believe this caused other vehicles to ignite.
Five minutes later, everyone was told to "basically get out" because of a fire in the multi-storey auto park, she said.
Liverpool City Council announced it had opened a reception center nearby for anyone unable to get home or in need of temporary shelter.More news: Nintendo Direct reveals Dark Souls is coming to Switch
- Home And Away star Jessica Falkholt's life support switched off
- No Warrantless Surveillance 'Nonsense' in FISA Reauthorization Bill, Bipartisan Lawmakers Vow
- Sony Xperia XA2, XA2 Ultra and L2 officially unveiled at CES 2018
- Wendy Williams Had Some Harsh Words For Kylie Jenner And Travis Scott
- Lost in space? Secret SpaceX Zuma satellite a total loss
- Dramatic increase in California flu deaths
- Donald Trump seemed to forget the words to the United States national anthem
- Bears hire Mark Helfrich as offensive coordinator
- Bon Jovi coming to Arkansas in March
- Eurozone economy ends 2017 on stellar note