Giving her personal recollection, the Queen also reveals how she had struggled with her coronation dress, which was embroidered in silk with pearls, and gold and silver thread.
Elizabeth II attending the Scripture Union's 150th anniversary service of celebration on December 6. "Telling her seemed strangely odd", royal commentator Alastair Bruce, who presents the programme, told The Times.
A crown is the symbol of a 2000-year-old concept of a kingdom, a halo of light representing the head of state and a visible expression of the relationship between sovereign and subject. The queen very carefully talks only about the elements of the coronation ceremony, and then in a measured, rather guarded manner.More news: Sen. Coons addresses recent reported statements by Trump on immigration
"It's only sprung on leather, not very comfortable", she recalled of the carriage.
Everything you need to know about the vast collection of priceless Crown Jewels.
A large ruby in the crown is said to have been worn by King Henry V at the battle of Agincourt, and viewers can see where a hole was drilled in it to hold his plume.More news: Virat Kohli should drop himself if he fails at Centurion: Virender Sehwag
In the hour-long programme The Coronation, to be aired on Sunday, the Queen speaks candidly about the moment she was crowned and jokingly says she cannot look down while wearing the Imperial State Crown, which weighs 2lbs 13oz (1.28kg), as her "neck would break". But for, wearing the crown comes with far more practical concerns. She may have kept quiet at the time, but now, 65 years later, the Queen apparently had no qualms about describing the ride as "horrible".
One of the few deviations from the solemn, military-style precision of that day came when a young boy helping carry the queen's train playfully lifted it for a moment and ducked under it.
But the Palace made it clear that the Queen is not being interviewed in the documentary, which tells the story of the Crown Jewels and the ancient ceremony in which they play a key role. As it turns out, the bride-to-be has already tried one on for size, thanks to her reign as Homecoming Queen in high school.More news: Toronto girl 'really scared' after man cuts her hijab on street
- Saudi women attend sports event for first time
- Saints vs. Vikings Divisional Round (Odds Updated) Expert Picks
- India likely to revive missile deal with Israel
- Man charged in Kansas Fatal Swatting case with involuntary manslaughter
- MoneyGram partners with Ripple to increase payment speeds
- Czechs pick between east-looking Zeman and pro-western challengers in presidential vote
- Terrifying false alarm scares over a million people in Hawaii
- Durant, Draymond shepherd Curry-less Dubs past Bucks
- Oil tanker burning in the East China Sea sinks
- GM Unveils Self-Driving Cruise AV - Without Steering Wheel