This morning in Detroit, the judges of the North American Car of the Year Award announced that the 2018 Honda Accord would be taking home the prize.
The big winners of the annual Detroit International Auto Show are here.
Henio Arcangeli Jr., senior vice president for Honda's auto sales division, said the award represents "not resting on past. achievements". The 2018 Lincoln Navigator took the top truck honor, while the 2018 Volvo XC60 took top utility honor.
"Honda seems to have executed some sort of magic trick-not only is this 10th-generation Accord far sleeker and more decisively styled than its predecessor, it's somehow roomier inside, too", said Chris Paukert, managing editor of CNET's Roadshow and one of almost 60 automotive journalists on a jury that voted on the awards.
The Car of the Year award is reserved for models that are new, or significantly updated, for 2018.Читайте также: Saints vs. Vikings Divisional Round (Odds Updated) Expert Picks
About the Honda AccordOver 10 generations and 41 years, American vehicle buyers have made Accord the best-selling auto in America, purchasing more than 13 million Accords.
The Lincoln Navigator is shown in a promotional image. The Honda lineup includes the Fit, Civic, Accord and Clarity series passenger cars, along with the HR-V, CR-V and Pilot sport/utility vehicles, the Ridgeline pickup and the Odyssey minivan.
According to the guidelines, the awards recognize the most outstanding vehicles of the year based on factors including innovation, design, safety, handling, driver satisfaction and value for the dollar.
The winners were selected from a group of 29 vehicles, including 11 cars and 15 utilities.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- What You Need To Know About The Lions (Likely) New Head Coach
- China says Iran nuclear deal not derailed, pledges constructive role
- United Kingdom construction firm Carillion collapses
- Oil tanker burning in the East China Sea sinks
- Ishant, Ashwin restrict S Africa to 335
- Israeli premier on 6-day visit to India to deepen ties
- Vermont health officials say flu season could last several more months
- James Franco now accused of sexual misconduct by five women
- Australia vs England ODI series: Jason Roy powers visitors to victory
- Remarkable Roy makes maximum impact as England cruise home at MCG