This won't be McDaniels' first run at being a head coach. That experience should come in handy when grooming the still young Luck.
As for the other half of the dynamic duo in New England, it seems the Indianapolis Colts are offering Josh McDaniels the front man position if he wants it. There is no word on who potential candidates would be at this time.
It appears that interest was strong enough to woo the 41-year-old coordinator, as McDaniels now is "expected" to take the Colts' head coach job when an offer comes, Pelissero and NFL Media colleague Ian Rapoport reported Monday afternoon.More news: James Franco now accused of sexual misconduct by five women
There aren't many opportunities for a team to land a multi-time Super Bowl champion and Bill Belichick's right hand man. McDaniels has been there since the very beginning-since Belichick made a decision to put the franchise in the hands of a young Tom Brady all the way up to the Patriots completing the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history and beating the Atlanta Falcons.
Their inability to surround him with enough offensive weapons and a good line has been the downfall of the team over the last three seasons.
The Colts went 4-12 this season and missed the playoffs for the third straight year, prompting the team to fire Chuck Pagano.More news: What You Need To Know About The Lions (Likely) New Head Coach
There wasn't going to be much of a career left for Luck if the Colts didn't make a change. Luck is more comfortable holding onto the ball and launching deep down field than Brady is though, so it will be interesting to see how these two different styles mesh.
Indianapolis interviewed McDaniels, Baylor head football coach Matt Rhule and former Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy, but ultimately walked away with the hottest name of this cycle. In his absence, the Colts struggled to break through with Jacoby Brissett losing six games by seven points or less.More news: Terrifying false alarm scares over a million people in Hawaii
- No Emirates deal will kill the A380
- Toronto girl 'really scared' after man cuts her hijab on street
- China says Iran nuclear deal not derailed, pledges constructive role
- Saints vs. Vikings Divisional Round (Odds Updated) Expert Picks
- Czechs pick between east-looking Zeman and pro-western challengers in presidential vote
- Vermont health officials say flu season could last several more months
- Durant, Draymond shepherd Curry-less Dubs past Bucks
- Greyhound bus suspect is an illegal immigrant who has been deported before
- North Korean state media hail talks with South as path to reunification
- Remarkable Roy makes maximum impact as England cruise home at MCG