European planemaker Airbus has said it will stop making its A380 "superjumbo" if it does not get any more orders.
Leahy says that a production rate of "six to eight" is needed in the interim.
The breakdown of 2017 deliveries was: 558 single-aisle A320 family (including 181 A320 new engine option, or neo, versions) aircraft, 67 A330 wide-bodies, 78 A350XWB wide-bodies (an increase of almost 60% over 2016), and 15 A380 Superjumbos.
On Monday, Airbus' outgoing chief operating officer, Fabrice Brégier, said "there are clearly other potential customers beyond Emirates". Airbus wants a guarantee from Emirates for a long-term order whereas Emirates want to ensure that the A380 continues to be produced so as to protect their investment. United States rival Boeing booked 912 orders and 763 deliveries.
"If we can not work out a deal with Emirates, I think there is no choice but to shut down the program", John Leahy, the company's chief operating officer, told reporters on Monday.
Leahy said the Dubai-based, government-owned airline is "the only one who has the ability" to commit to a minimum of six planes a year for a minimum of eight to 10 years, the production timetable Airbus needs to make the program viable.Читайте также: What You Need To Know About The Lions (Likely) New Head Coach
"It's a strong market and it's recovering".
Instead, Airbus employees found themselves attending a news conference at which Emirates announced the purchase of 40 Boeing 787-10 Dreamliners in a $15.1 billion deal.
However, sales of the four-engined plane have been slow as airliners opt for twin-engine aircraft which are cheaper and easier to run. Airbus has said Chief Executive Tom Enders will depart next year.
Airbus said 718 aircrafts were delivered to 85 customers globally.
Airbus said A320ceo's list price has risen by 2.02% to US$101 million in 2018, from US$99 million past year, while A320neo's list price has increased by 2.03% to US$110.6 million, from US$108.4 million. By the end of the year, its total order backlog stood at 7 265 aircraft, worth $1.059-trillion at list prices.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Colts hire Josh McDaniels as head coach
- Queen Elizabeth Says Wearing A Crown Has One Significant Downside
- Sen. Coons addresses recent reported statements by Trump on immigration
- Toronto girl 'really scared' after man cuts her hijab on street
- China says Iran nuclear deal not derailed, pledges constructive role
- Ishant, Ashwin restrict S Africa to 335
- Remarkable Roy makes maximum impact as England cruise home at MCG
- Greyhound bus suspect is an illegal immigrant who has been deported before
- Virat Kohli should drop himself if he fails at Centurion: Virender Sehwag
- MoneyGram partners with Ripple to increase payment speeds