As for exterior colours, aside from the classic Dark Highland Green the new Bullitt will also be offered in Shadow Black. This has led to Ford building Bullitt Mustangs in the past and that time has come again in order to properly celebrate the movie's 50th anniversary. "As a designer, it's my favorite Mustang - devoid of stripes, spoilers and badges. It doesn't need to scream about anything - it's just cool".
With this tribute, the original 1968 Mustang GT fastback movie vehicle was also revealed to the world after being absent for 40 years from the public eye. It was long presumed lost, but the 1968 Mustang GT fastback in fact changed hands a few times, an ultimately was inherited by Sean Kiernan in 2014.
But the 2019 Mustang Bullitt is also exceedingly modern-it's equipped with a 12-inch all-digital LCD instrument cluster with a unique welcome screen, and gets all content included with the Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package. Upgrade comes from a new open-air induction system and an 87mm throttle body which works with a Shelby GT350 intake manifold. Ford fit a manual transmission and a white cue ball shift knob to the new limited edition.
That Mustang is on display this week at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, alongside a letter from the actor himself which reveals his unsuccessful battle to buy the famous vehicle.
"When making a Bullitt, there are certain things it absolutely must have", said Carl Widmann, Mustang chief engineer.
Now the owner of the vehicle, Sean, revealed the auto to McQueen's granddaughter, Molly McQueen, in a video released by Ford.More news: Pirates send McCutchen to Giants
It was probably one of the worst-kept secrets of the 2018 Detroit Auto Show, but Ford has now made its 2018 Mustang Bullitt official, revealing the tribute vehicle 50 years after the iconic Steve McQueen film from which its name is derived.
Yes, and no. The Blue Oval would never deign to cheapen one of its most iconic cars.
Every motor show features new cars restricted to certain markets, but the USA has more than most. The 1968 film "Bullitt" stars legendary actor Steve McQueen and has one of the best auto chase scenes in film - ever.More news: Vision 2022: Ford will boost investment in electric vehicles
Inside, Recaro racing seats are available as an optional extra along with adaptive dampers and an electronics package that adds sat-nav, driver memory seats and mirrors, blind spot monitoring and an uprated sound system.More news: Colts hire Josh McDaniels as head coach
- Greyhound bus suspect is an illegal immigrant who has been deported before
- 3 law enforcement officers shot overnight in York County, officials say
- Army kills 7 Pakistani soldiers, injures 4 along LoC in 'retaliatory action'
- Toronto girl 'really scared' after man cuts her hijab on street
- Legendary Musician Dolores O'Riordan Has Passed Away
- James Rodriguez: Bayern star tells Ronaldo that Real Madrid must sack Zidane
- Odell Beckham sounds happy about Giants' coach choice
- What You Need To Know About The Lions (Likely) New Head Coach
- China says Iran nuclear deal not derailed, pledges constructive role
- Ishant, Ashwin restrict S Africa to 335