The auto will also showcase a bevy of new safety features and systems created to increase handling capabilities.
Starting with the exterior design, the sedan is sleeker and more eye-catching than the outgoing model. Apple CarPlay is now standard on the Avalon as well, Hollis said. The Avalon also gets an upgraded eight-speed transmission, which replaces the old six-speed unit.
Powering the big sedan is either a 3.5-liter V6 or a 2.5-liter four-cylinder hybrid electric system.
Its revamped Entune 3.0 system will reportedly feature a massive, 9-inch capacitive touchscreen, while offering its own slate of powerful features including advanced voice and gesture recognition, a "quick refresh rate", and even support for Toyota Remote Connect - allowing smartwatch integration and/or "Amazon Alexa-enabled device connectivity", the company said. For the fifth generation Avalon, Toyota made a decision to give the sedan a major makeover that it calls "Technical Beauty". The front and rear overhangs are shorter but the Avalon is wider and the wheelbase is two inches longer to reinforce car's premium aura and sporty stature. The tiered dashboard is accented with either faux wood trim on the XLE, real aluminium on the XSE and Touring or Yamaha-sourced real wood trim on the Limited. A Panoramic View Monitor with Alert (PVMA) and an Intelligent Clearance Sonar (ICS) with Rear Cross Traffic Braking (RCTB) are available as options.More news: Lost Movie Car Reappears Next to the 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Designed, developed and built in the USA, the Avalon competes with cars like the Chevrolet Impala, Ford Taurus and Kia Cadenza and in the shrinking market for large front-wheel-drive family sedans.
The top-line Touring comes with unique features, including multi-mode drive select.
Some new high-tech hardware on the 2019 model includes the adaptive variable suspension, which offers settings of Eco, Normal, Sport/Sport+, and Custom on the Touring model.More news: Australia vs England ODI series: Jason Roy powers visitors to victory
The 2019 Avalon is due go on sale in the U.S. in late spring, with deliveries following shortly afterwards.More news: China says Iran nuclear deal not derailed, pledges constructive role
- Kohli shines, but South Africa on top in second test
- Israeli premier on 6-day visit to India to deepen ties
- Hyundai breathes new life into quirky Veloster coupe
- Arsenal's Walcott on verge of Everton move
- Google Arts & Culture's art selfies are bringing fun back to the internet
- Google to open five more datacentre regions across the globe in 2018
- India revenge would heal Proteas' scars - Elgar
- Odell Beckham sounds happy about Giants' coach choice
- Democrat Phil Murphy replacing GOP Gov. Chris Christie
- Vision 2022: Ford will boost investment in electric vehicles