Bank of America was down 0.2% percent after a $2.9 billion one-time tax charge almost halved its reported profit.
The S&P 500 has been rising so quickly, it has already topped or matched some of the Wall Street analyst's year-end 2018 targets, The median target is now 2,975 for year-end, about a 6 percent gain from current levels.
The possibility of a government shutdown also loomed, though Warne said she believed it would have more impact on Wall Street's performance if an agreement was not reached by the end of Friday.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed above 26,000 for the first time on Wednesday, just eight trading days after it ended above 25,000 for the first time.
The S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite also hit all-time highs. The Nasdaq slid 2.23 points, or 0.03 percent, to 7,296.05. The Russell 2000 index of smaller-company stocks picked up 13.69 points, or 0.9 percent, to 1,586.66. The drop was a reversal from robust gains for October and November.
Persistent cold weather in the United States helped oil prices shrug off weakness early in the weak, helping oil stocks nudge markets higher.Читайте также: How NAB and Westpac infiltrated Amazon's Alexa launch in Australia
Boeing, a high-flying stock of late, fell 2.8 percent.
Republicans are seeking to pass a temporary extension in funding government operations to avert a shutdown.
Alcoa tumbled 7 percent after the company reported a wider loss in the fourth quarter. Information technology was the biggest gainer, adding 1.6%.
European bourses opened lower, mirroring moves in Asia and Wall Street overnight, as earnings updates from companies weighed.
Corporate reports are set to stir up sentiment again on Thursday. and are expected to report after the bell. reported better-than-expected results, while Bank of NY Mellon and posted mixed results. Nasdaq 100 futures declined 11 points. Wyndham gained $5.60, or 4.8 percent, to $122.73.
The S&P 500 is up 128.95 points, or 4.8 percent. Baker Hughes slid $1.55, or 4.3 percent, to $34.74. Consumer staples rose 1.2% and healthcare added 1%.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Overwatch's 'Blizzard World' Map Will Be Launching January 23
- Walker: Election is a wake-up call
- Madrid ends winless run with late Asensio goal in Copa
- Morgan Stanley tops estimates on underwriting, wealth management
- Democrat Phil Murphy replacing GOP Gov. Chris Christie
- Sharapova finds her groove on Melbourne return
- Cryptocurrency prices are tanking, but it's probably a good thing
- Intel's Meltdown And Spectre Patches Causing Reboots On PCs With Newer Processors
- American Arab group condemns U.S. cut in aid to United Nations agency
- Bank of Canada hikes key interest rate to 1.25%