The lawsuits aim to acquire compensation from AMD for the damage it has caused with its misleading statements about the supposed safety of its CPUs against the Spectre and Meltdown security flaws. As we continue these efforts, I would like to express my appreciation to many of our partners, including Dell, HPE, HPI, Lenovo and Microsoft, for joining our Security-First Pledge.
"While the firmware updates are effective at mitigating exposure to the security issues, customers have reported more frequent reboots on firmware-updated systems".
Intel said that it had replicated these issues in internal testing, and that it's making progress in terms of identifying the precise cause.
The complainants allege that Apple was likely aware of the design defects that gave rise to the Meltdown and Spectre problems since at least June 2017, but chose not to disclose the details to its customers.Читайте также: President Trump 'fit for duty,' has no cognitive issues: White House doctor
The chip giant then added that "similar behavior" occurs on some machines which have still-older Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge (2nd and 3rd-gen) processors, but more worryingly, newer Skylake and Kaby Lake CPUs (6th and 7th-gen).
Going on two weeks since the reveal of Meltdown and Spectre, are you all patched up?
The post confirmed that some 90% of processors that are five years old or less, now have suitable patches available. "Generally speaking, the workloads that incorporate a larger number of user/kernel privilege changes and spend a significant amount of time in privileged mode will be more adversely impacted". After it was forced to acknowledge the flaws ahead of schedule, Intel insisted in a January 4th press release that "Industry Testing Shows Recently Released Security Updates Not Impacting Performance in Real-World Deployments".
The patches lead to a 2% slowdown for regular tasks like running website servers, while online transactions at a stock brokerage suffered a 4% slowdown, the chipmaker said.
The post highlights other mitigation options that have less of a performance impact, including Google's "Retpoline" security solution, which is said to have nearly no effect on a system's speed.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Tillerson Outlines New US Strategy on Syria, No Future with Assad
- Arsenal hold Aubameyang talks, await Alexis Sanchez decision
- Sam's Club closing stores across the U.S. , including Morrisville location
- Facebook expands probe into whether Russian spies swung Brexit vote
- 3 law enforcement officers shot overnight in York County, officials say
- New England Patriots: Rex Burkhead expected back for AFC Title Game
- Toyota finally adopts Apple CarPlay
- How NAB and Westpac infiltrated Amazon's Alexa launch in Australia
- Bus fire kills 52 Uzbeks traveling in Kazakhstan
- Google to open five more datacentre regions across the globe in 2018