In 2016, iPhone and iPad users found that setting their smartphone's date to 1 January 1970 would permanently shut their devices off, says Mac World.More news: Data on Canadian immigrants from 'shithole' countries might surprise Trump
A new flaw called "text bomb" has been discovered, affecting Apple's iPhone and Mac computers. Although the bug does not cause permanent damage, it will cause restarts and multiple freezing. But given that it patches the ChaiOS message bug, therefore it's likely that the "fixing" horizon extends to other realms too.
Dubbed "chaiOS", users who receive the malicious link will be immediately affected as the feature typically allows users to preview web links. You don't want your gadget to get infected with malware, ransomware, or a bug that causes all kinds of technical issues. He said: "Something about the so-called ChaiOS bug's code gives your Apple device a brainstorm". We're hopeful that apart from iOS 11.2.5, Apple will implement the same fixes in macOS as well with the release of High Sierra 10.3.3 some time later this month.More news: Trial for Accused Cop Killer Bracamontes Begins
Masri claimed that he released the bug "to get Apple's attention" and that "Apple needs to take such bugs more seriously". This renders the attack useless unless someone was to copy the code and post it on another platform to be disseminated again.
The bug can also stop an iPhone from running iMessage, but deleting the message thread, resetting the device or blocking the site's domain should fix the issue. He said he'd reported the bug to Apple the previous day, he told BuzzFeed, but had not heard anything from the company.More news: Facebook expands probe into whether Russian spies swung Brexit vote
- India revenge would heal Proteas' scars - Elgar
- Madrid ends winless run with late Asensio goal in Copa
- Blake Griffin Could Be Key To Celtics Getting Into The Finals
- Google to open five more datacentre regions across the globe in 2018
- American Arab group condemns U.S. cut in aid to United Nations agency
- Democrat Phil Murphy replacing GOP Gov. Chris Christie
- Karthik replaces injured Saha in India squad for third…
- Kelly: Trump campaign promises on border wall have 'evolved'
- Cryptocurrency prices are tanking, but it's probably a good thing
- Intel's Meltdown And Spectre Patches Causing Reboots On PCs With Newer Processors