"Because space in News Feed is limited, showing more posts from friends and family and updates that spark conversation means we'll show less public content".
He maintains his Outperform rating and $205 price target on FB stock, but he had important reminders about the lack of corporate governance at the company-something that would raise some serious flags if we were talking about nearly any other company besides Facebook.
Facebook surveyed "a diverse and representative sample of people using Facebook across the USA", according to a blog post from Facebook's head of News Feed Adam Mosseri. However, Facebook stock has yet to regain the heights it was at before the News Feed changes were announced.
"There's too much sensationalism, misinformation and polarization in the world today", Zuckerberg said.
The quality of news on Facebook has been called into question after alleged Russian operatives, for-profit spammers and others spread false reports on the site, including during the 2016 U.S. election campaign. More specifically, it will come from "trusted" media sources that have been vetted by Facebook's community of users.
That led to concerns Facebook would be marginalizing mainstream news operations.Читайте также: Morgan Stanley tops estimates on underwriting, wealth management
The company said it would ask its more than 2 billion users to rank the news organizations they trusted in order to prioritize "high-quality news" over less trusted sources.
News outlets that score well can expect to see their stories to be more widely distributed on Facebook, while those with lower scores might see less activity. The company will start by tackling the trustworthiness aspect first.
So far, the new prioritization is only rolling out in the U.S.
The company made a decision to use community input to rank news sources in an attempt to be as objective as possible, Zuckerberg said. Updated 1:49 p.m. PT: Added background about false news efforts.
Facebook has been struggling with how to handle its distribution of news in an era of fake news and claims of media bias.
Facebook management said that time spent and engagement on the platform may go down in the short term, but it's still unclear what kind of financial impact the changes will have.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- UFC president Dana White sounds off on McGregor, Mayweather, Rousey
- Intel's Meltdown And Spectre Patches Causing Reboots On PCs With Newer Processors
- Dow has first close above 26000 points
- Walker: Election is a wake-up call
- Theo Walcott reveals Wayne Rooney convinced him to leave Arsenal for Everton
- Virat Kohli named ICC world cricketer of the year
- YouTube Is Taking Down Those 'Dangerous' Tide Pod Challenge Videos
- UNSC delegation makes 1st Afghan visit in 8 years to assess situation
- Lamar Odom Talks About Khloe Kardashian's Pregnancy And Her Relationships
- Facebook expands probe into whether Russian spies swung Brexit vote