Вторник, 14 Августа 2018
Latest news
Main » 5-Foot-Long Tapeworm Pulled Out Of Sashimi Lover

5-Foot-Long Tapeworm Pulled Out Of Sashimi Lover

21 Января 2018

A 5 1/2-foot tapeworm was unraveled on paper towels on the floor of the emergency department at Community Regional Medical Center. The report says the tapeworm was likely growing in the man's body for six months.

"He asked me for worm treatment and I was like oh, not an everyday request", Dr Banh told his colleague, and the podcast's co-host, Dr Jessica Mason.

"I get asked this a lot", Bahn said, SFGate reported.

A Fresno man who says he eats raw salmon nearly every day took himself to the hospital because he knew something was dreadfully wrong. Larva may survive in poorly prepared raw salmon, then take up residence in a human digestive tract.

Dr. Banh shared his experience treating the man on a recent episode of the podcast "This Won't Hurt A Bit".

The patient was horrified at the idea of his intestines coming out, but found relief when he pulled and realized what it actually was.

Banh said he "geeked out" about the worm, the largest he had ever seen from a patient, and showed it to about 40 people in the hospital.

Читайте также: Senator Cory Booker goes viral after speaking against Trump's sh*thole comment

"It's like with patients who come in after motorcycle accidents", he said.

Banh and the patient were initially confounded over how the tapeworm ended up in the man's body. From that moment, he said, he would never eat raw salmon again.

Last year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that a tapeworm known to infect salmon from the Asian Pacific is now present in fish from USA waters.

A California man with a love of raw fish had a major scare when a trip to the bathroom led to a disturbing discovery.

Tapeworms are a type of parasitic flatworm (also called cestode) most often taken into the body by eating contaminated raw meat or fish.

A quick online search found there has been a well-documented outbreak of Japanese tapeworms in Pacific-caught salmon.

The incident is the latest reminder that sushi eaters should be very careful, as there is a very real risk of being infected by parasites or tapeworms from the popular Japanese food. One severe complication is intestinal obstruction. The treatment for the patient: a pill that is no different from the single dose given to a dog to kill worms. Whenever inquired as to whether he'll continue eating sushi, Banh said he would, yet just not the salmon.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

5-Foot-Long Tapeworm Pulled Out Of Sashimi Lover