That takes the total value of Sanchez's move to £165.3m ($287m), although the cost is off-set by Henrikh Mkhitaryan's move from United to Arsenal in a £35m deal.
Wenger said Sanchez was absent from the Arsenal squad on Saturday because he was close to completing a deal that has been in the making since United out-bid Manchester City for the former Barcelona star. Arsene Wenger is believed to have held a long-standing interest in the player - he even tried to sign him before United snapped him up initially - and Arsenal were intrigued at the prospect of taking him in exchange for Sanchez.
"That is the danger in the modern game and the problem I find in clubs", said McClaren. We chatted for around 20 minutes. "That tells you we had no chance to give him a contract".More news: Ed Sheeran to marry his childhood friend Cherry Seaborn
"It really is a massive club, very powerful, and so now, when I got the opportunity to come here, I looked at the badge and my hairs just stood up on end because it's a powerful club and the biggest in England".
"He will bring his ambition, drive and personality - qualities that make a Manchester United player and a player that makes the team stronger and the supporters proud of their club's dimension and prestige".
"City seem very blase about it", he said in his column in Britain's Sun newspaper. "Now that I'm here, I'll do my best for this club to create history". I'm very professional in everything I do. I love football. It's what I'm passionate about. That is of course as well very important, where we go into a very important period in the season where every game is basically a very important game so it's important to have players who are focused.More news: NYC Sues Huge Pharma for $500M Over Opioid Disaster
"If I was to say which one is more likely to happen in January and one he's still working on is the central midfielder".
The Armenia worldwide moved to Old Trafford from Borussia Dortmund for £26.3m in July 2016.
Wenger and the board may feel that players' performances have been so inconsistent that they do not deserve new deals but if they are allowed to leave for nothing, they will not get their money back anyway.More news: Turkey rejects military operation limited to Syria's Afrin
"I think we have all been there where league title hopes have been dwindled and people have been caught but we can only focus on ourselves".
- Venezuela's ANC Calls for Presidential Elections in April
- Borussia Dortmund slam "disrespectful" Arsene Wenger over Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang talk
- Serial stowaway charged with sneaking on O'Hare flight to London
- Olympic Gymnast Aly Raisman Expected To Testify About Abuse By Team Doctor
- AJC Hails Vice President Pence's Knesset Speech
- That is what occurs throughout a U.S. authorities shutdown
- Government shutdown: What's open? What's closed? Will the mail run?
- Tillerson: Russia 'bears responsibility' for Syrian chemical weapons attacks
- Snapchat Stories can now be viewed outside of the app
- See Princess Eugenie's Engagement Photos