Arsenal fans were given a painful of deja vu with their star man following in the footsteps of Robin van Persie who swapped the Emirates Stadium for Old Trafford in 2013.
And on rumours about Cristiano Ronaldo returning to United, Mourinho said: "Real Madrid is a club I care about, so I am the last one to add [to the] fire".More news: AJC Hails Vice President Pence's Knesset Speech
"I would like to say a big thank you to the owners and to (executive vice-chairman) Mr (Ed) Woodward for the recognition of my hard work and dedication".
Arsene Wenger admitted there is a little bit of relief at Arsenal now the Alexis Sanchez transfer saga is over and he has left the club. I will do my best to assist them as well.
Mourinho did express some regret that Mkhitaryan failed to live up to expectations, though he has no doubt Arsenal have got themselves a capable player.
Kevin De Bruyne has offered his two cents' worth on Alexis Sanchez's switch to Manchester United - and isn't too bothered about him not joining Manchester City. I think it's a good move for everybody, that's why I'm also happy for Mkhi. They, along with United, will now have to appear before the governing body to explain why the player did not take the test (even though everyone in the world appears to know precisely why).More news: Pennsylvania Supreme Court orders state's congressional map redrawn
"Could he have performed better?"
United's young trio of attackers, Jesse Lingard, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford, have combined to add 20 goals in the league this season as they remain second in the standings, 12 points behind runaway leaders Manchester City. I know him very well for many years.
But plenty of other observers had no qualms over a move which appears to offer Sanchez a better chance of winning major honours, with Manchester United great and new Wales manager Ryan Giggs saying the forward was a "ready-made superstar".More news: Flu Can Significantly Increase Your Risk of a Heart Attack
- Smith, founder of British post-punk band The Fall, dies at 60
- Trump's "Ultimatum": Europe in Search of a Nuclear Iran Workaround
- Video game developers like the Nintendo Switch a lot, says GDC survey
- SpaceX To Launch Tesla Roadster In Mars Orbit (Really)
- Kim Jong-un wants to hone own military reputation
- Who's to blame for shutdown? DNC media takes aim at Stephen Miller
- NYC Sues Huge Pharma for $500M Over Opioid Disaster
- WWE's Vince McMahon announces return of XFL football league
- [Update] Vice President Pence Confirms US Embassy Move to Jerusalem
- Alex Azar named new U.S. health chief