The cat who is famously known as Grumpy Cat went viral globally in the year 2012 as she always had the moody face.
Grumpy Cat Limited struck a deal with USA coffee company Grenade, allowing it to sell its "Grumppuccino" iced coffee drink featuring a photograph of the cat. A dispute later began after the company sued the owners of the coffee company for using her image in other products that were not part of the $150,000 deal.
The cat's owners have made millions thanks to their pet's unique facial expression, which turned her into an overnight Internet star.More news: Ed Sheeran to marry his childhood friend Cherry Seaborn
The BBC reports that an eight-member jury in California federal court voted in favor of Grumpy Cat Limited, which was suing Grenade Beverage for exceeding an agreement over the feline's image. Grenade was further alleged by Grumpy Cat to have created a line of unauthorized Grumppuccino T-shirts.
The legally struck a deal to market "Grumpy Cat Grumppuccino", by then went further and started to sell "Grumpy Cat Roasted Coffee" as well. "Their suit charged that Grumpy Cat Limited dropped the ball on promotion and support for the coffee line".
The coffee chain's owners countersued on the grounds that the cat and its owners had not held up their side of the deal. The cat herself - real name: Tardar Sauce - has appeared on "Today", "Good Morning America" and even "American Idol".More news: Halep cruises into final four
It's been reported that the company raked in anywhere from $1 million to $100 million in its first few years in existence. The company was also told the cat would be starring in a movie alongside Will Ferrell and Jack Black, but no such project exists.
Kinder pointed to the fact that Grumpy Cat only posted about the iced coffee 17 times on social media.
'Grumpy Cat feels vindicated and feels the jury reached a just verdict, ' David Jonelis said.More news: The truth about the flu — CDC Director
- Colorado deputy shot, killed
- AJC Hails Vice President Pence's Knesset Speech
- Olympic Gymnast Aly Raisman Expected To Testify About Abuse By Team Doctor
- Who's to blame for shutdown? DNC media takes aim at Stephen Miller
- Mkhitaryan held all the aces and enjoyed making Mourinho squirm
- Venezuela's ANC Calls for Presidential Elections in April
- Turkey rejects military operation limited to Syria's Afrin
- Government shutdown: What's open? What's closed? Will the mail run?
- Serial stowaway charged with sneaking on O'Hare flight to London
- Kim Jong-un wants to hone own military reputation