The Game Developers Conference (GDC) has published a report with results of a survey nearly 4,000 game developers took part in, which shows some interesting developments in the game industry. About 12 percent say they're now developing games for the platform (that's up from three percent last year).
What's, even more, fantastic is the fact that 1 in 3 developers have more interest in the Nintendo Switch when starting a project than any other platform.
But while interest in Switch is growing, PlayStation 4 remains the primary console on which developers are focusing their attention. Last week saw a bunch of games launch for the Switch, with the indie darling Darkest Dungeon soaking up much of the attention for itself. No one wanted to make games for the Wii U because they didn't think their games would sell on the Wii U. That hasn't been an issue for Switch developers though, as 23% say that their games sell as well on the Switch as on other consoles, and 28% say they actually sell better. Microsoft Corp.'s console isn't far behind, with 19 per cent of respondents having recently finished a game for Xbox One, 26 per cent now working on one, and 29 per cent intent on making an Xbox One game next. Only PC (59 per cent) and the PS4 (39 per cent) interest developers more. Last year, 24% of respondents said they're working on a VR game, while this year that number has dwindled to 17%. Another said "VR adoption and uptake depends on finding that killer game that becomes a must have", suggesting that the headset-based hardware needs a game comparable to Halo or Minecraft to help it achieve mainstream adoption. When asked about the loot boxes, a lot responded with caution: "It's only acceptable when it is vanity cosmetic items", one respondent wrote.Читайте также: Turkey rejects military operation limited to Syria's Afrin
As is usually the case, we're seeing many more games launch for Switch this week than 3DS.
22% and 21% of developers said that their games would include paid in-game items and currency respectively. When asked about business models, 49% of developers said they'd favor pay to download for their next games.
Organised by the UBM Game Network, GDC 2018 will take place this year March 19th through the 23rd at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco, California.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Colorado deputy shot, killed
- IPhone X Will Be Discontinued, but not Because It's a Market Failure
- Risky travel likely with near blizzard conditions — Monday Madness
- Kim Jong-un wants to hone own military reputation
- Borussia Dortmund slam "disrespectful" Arsene Wenger over Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang talk
- Serial stowaway charged with sneaking on O'Hare flight to London
- 3D-Printed Rocket Successfully Blasts Off From New Zealand
- Trump's "Ultimatum": Europe in Search of a Nuclear Iran Workaround
- Mkhitaryan held all the aces and enjoyed making Mourinho squirm
- Tillerson: Russia 'bears responsibility' for Syrian chemical weapons attacks