"I forgot I did that shit", he wrote in a now-deleted comment on Instagram.
According to TMZ, the veteran rapper was one of the first people to invest in cryptocurrency, accepting bitcoin payment for the "Animal Ambition" album back int 2014 when a single Bitcoin was valued around $662. "I forgot I did that s--".
Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson is definitely worth more than his name indicates, and he has proven even more so after accidentally making millions of dollars due to Bitcoin. As NPR reported in 2016, "He says he's broke, but he posted Instagram photos showing piles of cash in a refrigerator".
On the day the album came out, 50 Cent took part in an Ask Me Anything on Reddit. Since 2014, the price of Bitcoin has skyrocketed. As of earlier this week, the value of a single bitcoin stood at a much more impressive $10,850.Читайте также: SpaceX To Launch Tesla Roadster In Mars Orbit (Really)
The rapper joked about the unexpected haul while promoting his new movie Den of Thieves, tweeting, "A little bitcoin anyone?"
Over the last 12 months, several celebrities have been paid to promote and endorse various virtual currencies on social media.
Album sales were around 700 BTC which at the time was around $450,000. Bitcoin's price exploded to a high of above $19K in December a year ago but has fallen to just above the $11K mark in the early weeks of 2018. 50 Cent described it to Complex magazine as being about prosperity and entrepreneurial energy. The cryptocurrency bitcoin then rose from being relatively unknown to evolve into a money-printing machine. "It's how he got rich and didn't die trying".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Turkey says 14 killed, 130 wounded in operation in…
- Rep. Patrick Meehan will not seek re-election
- Donald Trump apologizes for retweeting far-right British group
- Plastic in the Oceans Increasing Risk of Disease in Coral Reefs
- All Blacks Sevens annihilate Russian Federation in Sydney opening match
- WWE's Vince McMahon announces return of XFL football league
- Flu Can Significantly Increase Your Risk of a Heart Attack
- Brendon McCullum bought by Daniel Vettori's team at Indian Premier League auction
- Supreme Court halts execution of inmate with dementia
- Paris floods: Hundreds make dramatic escape in boats as Seine rises