LIVERPOOL, England - The Video Assistant Referee took centre -stage during the first half of Liverpool's FA Cup match with West Bromwich Albion on Saturday as it was used three times, including the first on-field review in English football.
The VAR was called into action again shortly afterwards, awarding Liverpool a penalty for a foul from Jake Livermore on Salah.
It is the second loss in a row for Klopp's side and the Liverpool manager was visibly down in his post-match interview. "The second goal was just, wow, really bad defending from the whole group".More news: SpaceX To Launch Tesla Roadster In Mars Orbit (Really)
"We didn't use the chance on the penalty and then their third goal must be off-side".
The Reds got the game off to the best possible start when a defensive mix-up gifted them a fifth minute opener.
They looked at two offside decisions in the lead up to the ball falling in at the far post, and found that West Brom were level both times, though the process did take almost two minutes.More news: Donald Trump apologizes for retweeting far-right British group
The Reds initially struggled to get going in the second half, but eventually began to heap pressure on the Albion defence. They did well and fought with passion.
Matip's own-goal was confirmed, to make it 3-1, following a delay of nearly two minutes, with the question having been over whether there had been an offside. "But we only have ourselves to blame".
Liverpool are now holding onto the fourth spot in the Premier League, with Spurs just two points back in fifth.More news: Flu Can Significantly Increase Your Risk of a Heart Attack
The Reds return to Anfield after a disappointing defeat on the road last time out, with victory over Alan Pardew's flu-stricken Baggies the flawless tonic to their loss at Swansea.
- Complete guide to everything we know about Vince McMahon's revived XFL
- Supreme Court halts execution of inmate with dementia
- Paris floods: Hundreds make dramatic escape in boats as Seine rises
- Meet Zhong Zhong and Hua Hua, cloned monkeys inspired by Dolly
- Plastic in the Oceans Increasing Risk of Disease in Coral Reefs
- Rep. Patrick Meehan will not seek re-election
- Casey Affleck Declines Presenting Oscars Best Actress Award
- Brutal photo shows Hyeon Chung's Australian Open injury
- Turkey says 14 killed, 130 wounded in operation in…
- Caroline Wozniacki delighted after winning her first Grand Slam title in Australia