Larry Nassar, the former gymnastics coach who made sexually assaulting gymnasts an Olympic sport, was nailed in court with a sentence so stiff he'll have no one else to abuse but himself for the next 40-to-175 years in jail.
Allegations against Dr Larry Nassar, a former professor at MSU and a physician for the Women's Gymnastics Team, began in 2016.
"That that was in discussion by the faculty." said Michael Lawrence, MSU law college professor. Some members of faculty of MSU were preparing to make a vote of no confidence in Simon before she announced her resignation. More than 150 women delivered statements at his hearing, most telling the court he abused them under the guise of medical treatment.More news: SpaceX sets historic first Falcon Heavy launch for February 6
"I joined the board just nine months ago, well after Nassar's departure from USAG, in the hopes of helping to move the organization in a positive direction", Martinez said in an emailed statement. "I have watched it grow and prosper, and it has been the honor and privilege of my life to serve as its president". "If we don't investigate, it's possible an individual who enabled Nassar could be appointed to the board OR the board could have the hard task of overseeing staff that enabled Nassar".
"I really am, you know, pretty disgusted that this was allowed to go on for so long", said Mimi Phene-McKellar, owner of Central Coast Gymnastics.More news: Turkey says 14 killed, 130 wounded in operation in…
Nassar is now serving a 60-year federal prison sentence for possession of child pornography.
In a sentencing hearing in Ingham County Circuit Court this week, more than 150 of his victims addressed him in court, but also Michigan State University and us gymnastics. Nassar also pleaded guilty to 10 counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in November and received a 60-year sentence.
"That means that in the United States - I am not talking about any other country - but in the United States, 400,000 babies born in the U.S. will become victims of child sexual abuse".More news: How 50 Cent Accidentally Became a Bitcoin millionaire
- Paris floods: Hundreds make dramatic escape in boats as Seine rises
- Dutch intelligence 'infiltrated Russian group that hacked US Democratic party'
- Senate to release testimony from Trump Jr. on Trump Tower meeting
- GDP growth below expectations in fourth quarter of 2017
- On the Solar Tariffs
- Brutal photo shows Hyeon Chung's Australian Open injury
- Woods just makes the cut at Torrey Pines
- Justice Department Threatens LA, California, Other 'Sanctuary' Jurisdictions With Subpoenas
- Smith, founder of British post-punk band The Fall, dies at 60
- Plastic in the Oceans Increasing Risk of Disease in Coral Reefs