Back then, he had tweeted that if The Boring Company (his tunnel and infrastructure digging effort) sells 50,000 hats bearing the company's name, his company would start manufacturing state-of-the-art flamethrowers.
If it feels like some sort of running gag, that's because it started out as one, with Musk noting past year that the company would begin hawking flamethrowers once it had sold 50,000 hats.
In addition to the flamethrower, a Boring Company fire extinguisher can be added on to the pre-order for $30 more.More news: Karnataka bandh: Offices, malls, movie halls shut over security concerns bengaluru
That meant The Boring Company cleared at least $US5 million worth of its new product.
The Boring Company has been raising money for its tunneling operation by selling merchandise.
The flamethrower which looks like a massive black and white gun is priced at Dollars 500 or Rs 31,800 and pre-order has started.
The way these flamethrowers are getting sold, it not really illogical to expect the Boring Co.More news: San Jose will host 2019 NHL All-Star Game, other worldwide games announced
Elon Musk took to Twitter in early December 2017 to promote the sale of plain black baseball caps emblazoned with The Boring Company logo. Elon Musk's Boring Company has so far been more of a "lifestyle" brand (and a weird one at that) than a company that, you know, digs massive tunnels through the earth as a going concern.
Musk claims his flamethrowers - which appear to expel a glowing, meter-long stream of sizzling terror - are good for roasting nuts. Yesterday, Elon Musk showed off a limited-release flamethrower that only costs $500 to purchase.
"Guaranteed to liven up any party!".
Even if not all the flamethrowers are sold, Musk seems to be having a blast with it, and maybe that's enough in the end.More news: SpaceX sets historic first Falcon Heavy launch for February 6
Behind that password was a shop page that looks just like the one for The Boring Company's hat. Only 20,000 flamethrowers were up for sale, and now there's only 13,000 left.
- 37 dead in S.korean hospital fire
- Senate to release testimony from Trump Jr. on Trump Tower meeting
- 95 dead and 163 wounded in huge explosion in Afghanistan capital
- How 50 Cent Accidentally Became a Bitcoin millionaire
- Woods just makes the cut at Torrey Pines
- Fitness model Jen Selter kicked off Miami flight by police
- North Korea Just Called for Unification with South Korea
- A super blue blood moon is on the horizon
- Galaxy S9 leaks: camera, horsepower, design confirmed
- The Potentially Life-Saving Feature Added in iOS 11.3