Five people are dead and another hospitalized following a shooting early Sunday morning outside a Pennsylvania auto wash in what a state trooper tells the Herald-Standard was "a pretty intense scene".
Family members of the victims told WPXI-TV the shooting resulted from a domestic dispute.
The victims, Cline, 25, William Scott Porterfield, 27, Courtney Sue Snyder, 23, and Seth William Cline, 21, were shot after they arrived at the self-serve auto wash in two cars.
Smith was on life support following the shooting and is not expected to survive, police said.More news: 37 dead in S.korean hospital fire
Porterfield's pregnant wife, Jenna Porterfield, 24, told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that a state police investigator told her that Smith was a jealous former boyfriend of Cline.
Cline's relative, Sierra Kolarik, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Smith had moved toward becoming focused with the woman.
The shooting took place at Ed's Car Wash around 3 a.m. EST in Saltlick Township, in Melcroft, a rural town located about 55 miles (89 kilometers) southeast of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Bukovac said police were on the scene by the time he arrived and that he had few other details about what happened.
State police said Smith was the first person to arrive at the scene and parked his pickup truck on the side of the two-bay auto wash. His or her condition and identity is not yet known.More news: Brutal photo shows Hyeon Chung's Australian Open injury
A man who lives nearby told the newspaper he heard about 30 gunshots over several minutes.
She uncovered that Cline had gone through the end of the week with her killed spouse of three months as both of them battled through a conjugal unpleasant fix. Four of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene, while another died at a hospital.
Broadwater told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that two bodies were found in a pickup and two others on the vehicle wash parking lot.
An injured person was taken to a hospital.More news: Cleveland Indians Will Remove 'Chief Wahoo' From Uniforms In 2019
It was not immediately clear whether the shooter was among the dead, but authorities told local media outlets there was "no threat to the community, no imminent danger". She suffered minor injuries from broken glass. Further information about that person was not released.
- Galaxy S9 leaks: camera, horsepower, design confirmed
- One attacker arrested amid ongoing gunfire in Kabul
- No, Trump Did Not "Deny" Reports That He Tried to Fire Mueller
- San Jose will host 2019 NHL All-Star Game, other worldwide games announced
- North Korea Just Called for Unification with South Korea
- Kendrick Lamar Kicks Off Grammys with Politically-Charged Performance
- Buy a flamethrower from Elon Musk, seriously
- Fitness model Jen Selter kicked off Miami flight by police
- Police say Canadian billionaire, wife 'targeted' in mysterious double-murder
- Michigan State AD Mark Hollis resigning in wake of Larry Nassar scandal