He severely criticized the Turkish military recent operations in the Afrin region of Syria.
Reportedly, battles are also underway to liberate Maranez and Bafel heights.
The situation in Syria's northern district of Afrin, where the Turkish armed forces are now carrying out the Olive Branch operation, is causing major concerns, Moscow urges all sides to exercise restraint, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said Wednesday.More news: Cleveland Indians Will Remove 'Chief Wahoo' From Uniforms In 2019
Speaking on Sunday, President Erdogan said the campaign could now be extended to other parts of the 500-mile Turkish-Syrian border, to create a 20-mile "security zone".
At least 85 YPG militiamen have died, the Observatory says, as have 81 fighters from the rebel groups fighting with Turkish backing. The development of the situation in the Afrin area in northern Syria regarding the ongoing Turkish operation against Kurdish troops is raising concerns, and Moscow calls on the parties to show restraint, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Wednesday.
The United States has no plans to withdraw troops stationed near the town of Manbij in northern Syria despite warnings from Turkey to remove its forces immediately, CNN quoted the US Central Command chief General Joseph Votel as saying.More news: Fujifilm to take over Xerox as photocopier demand drops
Macron said it could be "a real problem" if "Syrian sovreignty is not respected". The attacks inside Turkey have so far killed four people, including Avlar.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday said the operation would "not stop until we eliminate the terror threat from our border and ensure a secure return for our Turkish brothers to their country".
In an interview with French newspaper Le Figaro, Mr Macron said Turkey must co-ordinate with allies, and that its operation inside Syria must be limited to fighting terror.More news: Las Vegas shooting documents include second person of interest
- Fitness model Jen Selter kicked off Miami flight by police
- May pledges to 'step up' relationship with China
- Buy a flamethrower from Elon Musk, seriously
- Crutches, tears humanize North Korean threat in Trump speech
- Rallies of Navalny's supporters held in 46 Russian regions
- San Jose will host 2019 NHL All-Star Game, other worldwide games announced
- Trump expected to announce order to keep Guantanamo Bay prison open
- Five killed in US shooting at car wash 'sparked by domestic dispute'
- Officer Who Pushed False Hawaii Missile Alert Believed It Was Real
- Kendrick Lamar Kicks Off Grammys with Politically-Charged Performance