The All-Star team needed a replacement for Washington Wizards guard John Wall, who will miss 6-8 weeks due to a knee injury.
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has sole discretion when announcing All-Star Game replacements.
Prior to going without an All-Star last season, the Heat had a representative at the event every year since 2005.
Out of all players, Dragic's team has the better record.More news: Las Vegas shooting documents include second person of interest
If Silver opts to go in a different direction, and choose a big-man to replace Wall, then Andre Drummond could make sense, with the centre averaging 14.7 points and 15.1 rebounds per game, for the 22-26 Pistons.
Drummond himself threw some shade at Brown on Instagram while simultaneously praising Simmons.
Upon seeing those jabs, Drummond had kind words for Simmons but he fired a shot back at Brown saying, "no sure why Jaylen Brown is confused". "He's not even the top three option on his team". "Got a lot of respect for Ben, his time is coming sooner than he knows". He's averaging 11.3 attempts per game for Boston, which is second on the team behind only Kyrie Irving.
Drummond is certainly right about Simmons, but he's a little off about Brown.More news: Alexa can now send text messages
Star Philadelphia point guard Simmons was thought a chance to be called up after Washington's Wall was sidelined from the February 18 showpiece game with a knee injury.
Now Detroit Pistons center Drummond is set to take Wall's place on Team LeBron James, it was confirmed on Tuesday.
The last time Sixers point guard Ben Simmons was snubbed, he only went out and had one of the best single-game rookie performances in National Basketball Association history. Mix that with his flex on DeMarcus Cousins a few weeks ago, and it's clear the young Celtics star is showing the rest of the National Basketball Association that he's arrived.More news: LG G6 and LG Q6 Get New Color Variants
- Ecumenical Patriarch declares backing for Turkey campaign in Syria
- Fire drills carried out in Taiwan due to invasion risk from China
- Kim Kardashian West has traded insults with Lindsay Lohan over her cornrows
- Ireland to hold abortion vote in May
- Nokia 3310 4G Launched : Check complete specifications
- Sochi Talks End, Constitutional Committee to be Formed
- Islam scholar Tariq Ramadan questioned in Paris over rape claims
- Fujifilm to take over Xerox as photocopier demand drops
- Putin says Russia hopes to turn page on doping at Olympics
- Stopping smoking key reason for e-cigarette use