Mahrez was clearly determined to join Guardiola's title-elect side and is now hell-bent on getting back to his employers whose stubbornness - or determination if you like to call it that way - is the main reason why Mahrez is still a Leicester City player - if we can call him that as well.
"Re Mahrez. The '£95m total package' included Patrick Roberts, who Leicester were keen on", he wrote on Twitter.
Mike Hewitt GettyImages
Mahrez has not trained since City's withdrew their interest on Wednesday's due to Leicester's demands.
Leicester City boss Claude Puel has been speaking about Riyad Mahrez's future after he went on strike after a failed Man City move on deadline day. It is the best decision for the squad.
At a press conference, the 56-year-old told reporters: "The club took the decision for the best interest of Leicester, we needed to respect this decision".
Mahrez has over two years remaining on his contract at Leicester having signed a new long-term deal with the club in August 2016.More news: Las Vegas shooting documents include second person of interest
"It is a tough situation for us to manage but now it is time to move on and keep our focus". "He is an important player for us, of course", added Puel.
Swansea will arrive at the King Power Stadium in confident mood, and against a Leicester team likely to be without Mahrez again I'm happy to get the Welsh outfit on my side.
'All of this is a situation we need to manage but all of the details will stay inside the club.
'For Riyad, he can clear his head and he can come back with us because he is a very big player for us.More news: John Wall out for All-Star game. Will Dragic be his replacement?
But the Foxes asking price was closer to £80 million (Sh11.5 billion) cash which the Premier League leaders were not willing to pay.
The Algeria global handed in a transfer request in a bid to force through a transfer, sources said, and he was left out of the squad for Wednesday's defeat at Everton.More news: Haas leads the way in Phoenix as Spieth struggles early
- Raise awareness for heart disease with the Go Red for Women campaign
- Some breast cancer treatments may impact heart function
- Nokia 3310 4G Launched : Check complete specifications
- US Warns: Syria's Assad Developing New Chemical Weapons, We May Take Action
- US Missile Defense System Fails Latest Test
- Venkaiah Naidu, Narendra Modi pay tribute to Mahatma Gandhi
- Alexa can now send text messages
- Irish busker says appearing on The Ellen Show was 'amazing'
- Watch Punxsutawney Phil Declare Six More Weeks of Winter on Groundhog Day
- European banks pay $46.6 million to settle US 'spoofing' charges