This scheme is being implemented through New India Assurance Company Ltd. The Union government said it would provide 60 per cent funds, and the state governments were expected to pool in the remaining 40 per cent.
"Not just this health scheme, we have one of the best Intensive Care Units in government Ganesh Das hospital and Tura hospital".
There is no cap on the family size which means that whatever the size, the family will get a coverage of Rs. 5 lakh per year. "The target group is 10 crore families". More than 5,000 people have so far undergone organ transplant and stem cell or bone marrow transplant with the help of the scheme, he said. He had said that assuming that each family will avail Rs 50,000, the amount required per year will be Rs 5 lakh crore.
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley's announcement on Thursday about the launch of NHPS, the "world's largest healthcare programme", on the eve of the State Budget, certainly threw a spanner in the works for the State government.
"Namocare" deals with primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare "comprehensively", and the government is committed to rolling it out, the minister said. "We will come up with the details of the scheme very soon. once the scheme is rolled out". Every aspect of the scheme "has been calculated". We have made all arrangements for it.More news: U.S. flu outbreak worsens; hospitalisations highest in almost a decade: CDC
He, however, said all beneficiaries presently under the RSBY scheme would be included in the national scheme even if the State government had to remit the insurance premium.
"It's not only an insurance". We recommend the trust-based model, but states would have to decide.
The model is now being worked out by the NITI Aayog and the Health Ministry, Jaitley said, adding the date of implementation would be next financial year beginning April 1 and sometime in the course of the year, it will be worked out. The scheme will also bring a change in the socio-economic scenario.
For 2018-19, the Government has made an initial provision of Rs.2,000 crore and an extra Rs.800 crore is expected from the States, when they join the scheme.
"Finance has never been a problem, finance will never be a problem", Nadda said. There were a lot of operational problems in the earlier scheme which have been rectified in the present one.More news: Father lunges at Larry Nassar in court this morning
Megha Helth Insurance Scheme has brought transformation in the health sector of the state and this is the reason why the Chief Minister has countered the BJP led Central Government for replicating the state government's scheme in their name. I am committing Rs 1,200 crore in this Budget for this flagship programme.
He also informed that the government would provide free screening for diseases such as oral cancer, cervical cancer and hyper tension in 100 districts.
The total cost under "Modicare" to cover 10 crore households has been estimated at Rs 4,000 crore.
Aimed at enhancing the facilities at all healthcare institutions, Rs 69 crore has been earmarked for establishing Cath Labs, ICU, dialysis units, blood banks, dental units, emergency care centres, super speciality facilities and maternity units in important hospitals.More news: Protests Against Compulsory Hijab Continue, Iran Police Arrests 29 Girls
- Punxsutawney Phil's prediction: 6 more weeks of winter
- US Missile Defense System Fails Latest Test
- Some breast cancer treatments may impact heart function
- Trudeau to hold town hall in BC following Trans Mountain pipeline endorsement
- Olympic Games 2018 kick off in PyeongChang in one week
- Katherine Lockler, Nurse in Florida, Actually Bugged by Flu
- Turkey takes slow but firm steps in Afrin to avoid civilian casualties
- Bill Belichick enjoyed a Minnesota Timberwolves game before Super Bowl 52
- Prosecutors charge Arizona man who sold ammo to Las Vegas shooter
- Samsung Galaxy S9 battery details leaked, 'S9 Active' likely underworks