Iran has arrested 29 women in the last few days for appearing in public without a headscarf as protests against the dress code in force since the Islamic revolution of 1979 intensify, Iranian media reported. The women of Iran have always been ignored.
"It's evident by the fact that the morality police are on constant patrol of the streets of major cities like Tehran", Dagres said.
Witness accounts and social media videos indicate that more than two dozen women have doffed their scarves in public and waved them on sticks, like flags. "But now ... I think the government of Iran, they have the fear of these courageous women", founder Masih Alinejad CBC Radio on Wednesday. Alinejad is behind the White Wednesdays campaign, which encourages women to wear white headscarves or take them off in protest at the rules.
In another viral video, an elderly woman was shown struggling to walk in a snow-covered park, then clambering up an idle fountain to wave her white scarf in the air.Читайте также: Akshay Kumar aims to bust period taboo with #PadManChallenge campaign
The Iranian regime, of course, is conspiracy theories that the anti-hijab movement is the work of foreign agitators seeking to undermine the Islamic Republic.
Amnesty International called on Iranian authorities to "end the persecution of women who speak out against compulsory veiling, and abolish this discriminatory and humiliating practice". According to The Guardian, Soheila Jolodarzadeh, a female member of the Iranian parliament, called the protests "the results of longstanding restrictions", suggesting that the government itself is to blame - and not the other way around. "This is the reason... the daughters of Revolution Street are putting their headscarves on a stick".
According to the Guardian, Iranian officials accused Alinejad, who works for the United States government-funded media organ Voice of America, of receiving money from foreign governments to fund her campaign.
Omid Memarian, a US-based Iranian journalist who was once imprisoned in Iran, wrote on social media that the fight against forced hijab "is not about whether the hijab is good or bad".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Raise awareness for heart disease with the Go Red for Women campaign
- US Missile Defense System Fails Latest Test
- Meghan Markle smiles awkwardly through awards speech blunder
- U.S. flu outbreak worsens; hospitalisations highest in almost a decade: CDC
- Bill Belichick enjoyed a Minnesota Timberwolves game before Super Bowl 52
- Olympic doping ban on 28 Russian athletes lifted
- Justin Timberlake Rules out *NSYNC Reunion at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Olympic Games 2018 kick off in PyeongChang in one week
- Watch Punxsutawney Phil Declare Six More Weeks of Winter on Groundhog Day
- Dow plummets almost 700, capping worst week in 2 years