Minutes before the half-an-hour mark, United conceded second, after Phil Jones fired Kieran Trippier's low cross into his own net, and that sealed the fate of Mourinho at Wembley.
The visitors barely created any chances and only registered three shots on target, and new signing Alexis Sanchez was far off the pace playing his new side, as the former Arsenal winger was constantly hounded and booed by the Spurs home fans.More news: 'Modicare', World's Largest Health Care Scheme To Cost 11,OOO Crore Per Year
The win helps Tottenham to close the gap on both Liverpool and Chelsea, with the latter suffering a shock 3-0 defeat to Bournemouth, to just two points and will play against the Anfield outfit in their next Premier League fixture at the weekend. But Manchester City started strong and kept doing strong and managed to win matches they didn't deserve - I give credit - with that push of the last-minute goal, the winning goal in [ADDED] time. Try to play the best we can and improve the players individually the best we can and be the best possible team at the end of the season.
"The players knew the long ball, they knew Harry Kane normally he is already inside, before the kickoff, he is already inside the opponent". We don't pick the ball in the air; second mistake. "But four mistakes in the first eleven seconds and suddenly you are losing to a very good team".
"We were much better than them".More news: Justin Timberlake Rules out *NSYNC Reunion at Super Bowl Halftime Show
"Last season we won [at Burnley] but it was one of the toughest games we played last season".
"We lost. I always told that when the leader [in the table] is with a certain distance, I've been there a few times, you are calm, you're relaxed, you don't feel the pressure", he said.
Mourinho's side will then travel to Newcastle United on February 11 ahead of a clash with either Huddersfield or Birmingham City in the FA Cup fifth round.More news: Protests Against Compulsory Hijab Continue, Iran Police Arrests 29 Girls
"Christian is such an important player for us not because today he was great and he scored". He's a player that you miss on the pitch. The team deserved a lot of credit, a lot of credit.
- Akshay Kumar aims to bust period taboo with #PadManChallenge campaign
- Punxsutawney Phil's prediction: 6 more weeks of winter
- Microsoft Office 2019 will run only on Windows 10
- Turkey takes slow but firm steps in Afrin to avoid civilian casualties
- Some breast cancer treatments may impact heart function
- Olympic doping ban on 28 Russian athletes lifted
- Dow plummets almost 700, capping worst week in 2 years
- Samsung Galaxy S9 battery details leaked, 'S9 Active' likely underworks
- Two students injured in school shooting in USA
- Katherine Lockler, Nurse in Florida, Actually Bugged by Flu