The logo for Taiwan's leading smartphone maker HTC (L) is pictured above a busy street in Taipei on July 20, 2012.
But, in a very interesting new report, it has now been alleged that HTC showcased the flagship smartphone during a 5G event held by a local carrier in Taiwan. Evan Blass, who runs evleaks on Twitter, had posted in response to a tweet by iamaniff that the device in the picture was the HTC Imagine, which is the codename for the HTC U12. HTC has only launched 4GB of RAM with 64GB of internal storage in India.More news: Syria rejects United States accusations of chemical weapons use
During the showcase, the company covered the top and bottom edges of the phone, as well as the rear panel of the phone.
The HTC U12 will have a 6-inch 1440x2880px Super LCD6 on the front and will likely use the Snapdragon 845 with 6GB of RAM. The display is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5.More news: Driver opens fire on African migrants in Italian city of Macerata
Previous rumors suggested that the smartphone would sport a 4K display. LAA is a part of the LTE Advanced Pro and allows for gigabit speeds.
According to a Taiwanese publication, HTC said that its new flagship phone would be unveiled sometime this year.More news: Father Who Attacked Larry Nassar Speaks Out About The Incident
While HTC did not leak a word about the handset per se, it did however mention that the particular handset is capable of delivering download speeds of 809.58 Mbps, close to 1Gbps. While we do have photos from the event, confirming that a mystery phone was indeed on display, HTC did well of covering up anything of value that we could learn from seeing it. The handset is also listed on the official website of the company.
- Three Business Titans To Tackle Health Care Costs
- Israel 'legalizing' rogue settlement in response to murder
- Ex-Patriot Brandon Browner calls out Bill Belichick over Malcolm Butler benching
- Deputy Killed In Colorado Springs Shooting
- Dow Jones industrials sink 500 points
- In Bengaluru, PM Narendra Modi vows to make Karnataka 'Congress
- 'Modicare', World's Largest Health Care Scheme To Cost 11,OOO Crore Per Year
- NBA All-Star Weekend Contestants Announced
- TDP upset with Budget, but won't snap ties
- Sensex cracks 1200 points, Nifty below 10300 — TERRIBLE TUESDAY