And reflecting on his impact at Anfield so far, the Egypt worldwide isn't shocked: 'I don't want to seem arrogant!More news: Man United legend tips Mkhitaryan to thrive at Arsenal
The Egyptian has 21 goals and seven assists in only 25 games for Liverpool, finding the net a further seven times in nine Champions League and FA Cup outings.
The 25-year-old arrived from Italy for a mere £34.5million (BBC), a modest fee in today's climate, and his return has led to be arguably the signing of the season by any Premier League side. I had two good seasons there. I came back here to show my football.
"But at the end of the day I think it's a bit different than Coutinho".More news: New features coming to PS4's operating system in big 5.50 update
For now, though, Salah is happy on Merseyside and has curbed the transfer talk somewhat by reiterating his happiness at having secured a move to the club he supported as a boy.
'We want to push ourselves to win something. We, as ex-players who are still big Liverpool fans, want him to keep going - we want him to break all the records goings because if he is scoring goals, it means we're doing the right things.More news: 4-magnitude earthquake shakes eastern Taiwan
- MFIA Clinic Seeks FISA Court Records in Carter Page Case
- US Military jets BOMB Pro Syrian Regime forces
- The Cloverfield Paradox Is Now Streaming on Netflix
- Iran Accuses US of "Shamelessly Threatening" Russia with Nuclear Weapons
- Winter Storm Watch in metro Detroit issued for Thursday night, Friday
- Man arrested, charged with circulating child pornography on social media
- In Chicago, Kashmiris Assured Of Pakistan's Support Until Freedom From India
- Poland to pass law to deny Polish involvement in Holocaust
- Amtrak Train Derailed - Two Dead, 70 Injured in SC
- Zero tolerance for female genital mutilation