After a new upcoming lobster emoji for smartphones and other devices was announced, Maine Senator Angus King took to Twitter to show his happiness about this new way of expressing pride in his state, local TV channel WMTW reported Wednesday. There are sample images for the new emoji floating around the internet, including those from Emojipedia and from The Unicode Consortium itself.
There will be a lobster emoji available for use later this year, thanks to the crustacean's best advocate, Sen.More news: Best Buy announces plans to pull all CDs from stores
Emoji 11.0, the latest and greatest list of tiny characters that will define your online communications for the next year, has been finalized. Unicode is a nonprofit organization that promotes consistency in computer coding.More news: Winter Storm Watch in metro Detroit issued for Thursday night, Friday
Among the other emojis in the newest batch - scheduled for release in Jun 2018 - are a mosquito, a pirate flag, a woman superhero and a softball.
Lobster lovers like King had felt a pinch of resentment that their favorite crustacean was without representation. More than 5,400 people added their signatures.More news: Iran Accuses US of "Shamelessly Threatening" Russia with Nuclear Weapons
Texting "I love lobsters" just got easier.
- Turkey condemns terrorist attack in Pakistan
- US Military jets BOMB Pro Syrian Regime forces
- In Chicago, Kashmiris Assured Of Pakistan's Support Until Freedom From India
- Man arrested, charged with circulating child pornography on social media
- Liverpool attacker Salah: I've supported this club since I was a boy
- 4-magnitude earthquake shakes eastern Taiwan
- Colts hire Patriots OC McDaniels as head coach
- Kristaps Porzingis Tears ACL, Dooming Knicks
- Zero tolerance for female genital mutilation
- HTC U12 Apparently Shown Off During 5G Industry Event