A winter storm watch has been issued for Lafayette, Green, Rock, Walworth and Jefferson counties, while a winter weather advisory has been issued for most other counties, excluding our far northern areas.
Driving has been a challenge on Wednesday due to several inches of snow, although the total amounts may be less than originally predicted. Some airlines preemptively canceled or delayed flights on Tuesday in preparation the conditions Winter Storm Liam would bring. Take it slow in the snow!
Snow will linger into Saturday as well with another inch or so through the morning possible. "Along and south of I-94 the heaviest snow may fall with accumulations in the 5-10" range.More news: Ben Platt to star in new Netflix series from Ryan Murphy
A winter storm packing freezing rain and heavy snow was expected to sweep across much of the U.S. Northeast on Wednesday, snarling transportation, closing dozens of schools and threatening power outages.
A significant storm that brought heavy snow and unsafe travel conditions Wednesday has died down as we head into the overnight hours.
Heavy snowfall with blowing snow is expected.More news: New features coming to PS4's operating system in big 5.50 update
"Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve".
For now, if you have travel plans on Friday you should have a backup plan ready as roads in all directions will be covered with snow again later this week. Stay up to date with the latest forecast with Andy Provenzano tonight on News 10 at 5, 6 and 11 P.M. and Thursday morning on News 10 Today 4:30-7 A.M. on WILX.More news: In Chicago, Kashmiris Assured Of Pakistan's Support Until Freedom From India
- Man arrested, charged with circulating child pornography on social media
- 4-magnitude earthquake shakes eastern Taiwan
- Ex-Patriot Brandon Browner calls out Bill Belichick over Malcolm Butler benching
- HTC U12 Apparently Shown Off During 5G Industry Event
- Poland to pass law to deny Polish involvement in Holocaust
- Father Who Attacked Larry Nassar Speaks Out About The Incident
- Drake shoots video at Miami school and donates scholarship
- Zero tolerance for female genital mutilation
- Liverpool attacker Salah: I've supported this club since I was a boy
- Powell sworn in as Fed chairman