No offense to Cleveland, but I'd trade a life in South Beach for pretty much anywhere any day.
But the last two years have been a time of transition for Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade, especially on Thursday. What prompted Wade's departure to the windy city was the Heat's total disregard for re-signing the superstar that had brought the city of Miami its first three championships.
Along with this deal, the Cavaliers pulled off major deal with the Lakers as they sent guard Isaiah Thomas and forward Channing Frye to Los Angeles for guard Jordan Clarkson and forward Larry Nance Jr.More news: Iran Accuses US of "Shamelessly Threatening" Russia with Nuclear Weapons
The Cavs have made the trade deadline their show, orchestrating several blockbuster deals.
Wade has been traded from the Cavaliers to the Heat in exchange for a protected second-round pick, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports. The two spent four years together with the Miami Heat and Wade joined the Cavaliers this summer as a free agent to hopefully help LeBron win one more title.
The Cavs coaching staff was considering reducing Dwyane Wade's playing time and he's been agitating for a return "home" to Miami in the future, sources said.More news: Winter weather could make for slick afternoon commute
Veteran guard Wade won three National Basketball Association titles during a 13-year stay in Miami between 2003 and 2016 as part of the Heat's notorious "Big Three" alongside LeBron James and Chris Bosh.
"He could go back home".
Wade, who turned 36 on January 17, acknowledged last week that he would be lying if he said he had not thought about closing out his career in a Heat jersey. He averaged 23.7 points, 5.8 assists, and 4.8 rebounds per game with the team.More news: Colts hire Patriots OC McDaniels as head coach
Isaiah Thomas went from a team expected to compete for the National Basketball Association title to a team that is 22-31 and has little chance of competing at all this season.
- N. Korea and the US Exchange Warnings During Disarmament Talks
- Liverpool attacker Salah: I've supported this club since I was a boy
- Kristaps Porzingis Tears ACL, Dooming Knicks
- Man United legend tips Mkhitaryan to thrive at Arsenal
- 4-magnitude earthquake shakes eastern Taiwan
- Drake shoots video at Miami school and donates scholarship
- Shani Davis calls coin toss for US Olympic flag-bearer 'dishonorable'
- Challenges are only just beginning, says Rahul Dravid
- Man arrested, charged with circulating child pornography on social media
- Best Buy announces plans to pull all CDs from stores