Nearly a month to the day since the Jim Gordon actor told TooFab at the 7th Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts International Awards that he'd "like to see someone like Joaquin Phoenix play" Batman next, it turns out the actor is in talks to join the Batman cinematic universe.
What's still most baffling about this project is the involvement of Phillips, who crafts collections of moving images that resemble movies, but are really just trash piles that you watch while contemplating the finality of all existence.More news: No tsunami on East Coast
The role would not be connected with the current DC Extended Universe. The story is rumored to take place in the '80s and have more of the look of a gritty crime drama than comic-book movie. One report last fall claimed the actor was perturbed when Warner Bros. began shopping for a new actor for the role.More news: Liverpool attacker Salah: I've supported this club since I was a boy
Phoenix has previously turned down the chance to play Lex Luther in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. He was also in talks for Disney-Marvel's "Doctor Strange", but passed on that as well. Scorsese's frequent collaborations with DiCaprio led many to make the connection that the actor would be cast as the Joker. Warner Bros. has not set a release date.
- Drake Gives Miami Student $50000 Scholarship
- MFIA Clinic Seeks FISA Court Records in Carter Page Case
- Drake shoots video at Miami school and donates scholarship
- This year's Emoji update finally represents those with red hair
- Cavaliers trading Thomas to Lakers for Nance, Clarkson
- Eye Rolls, Guffaws, Shock Greet Trumps's call for Military Parade
- N. Korea and the US Exchange Warnings During Disarmament Talks
- Winter weather could make for slick afternoon commute
- US Military jets BOMB Pro Syrian Regime forces
- Best Buy announces plans to pull all CDs from stores