The severe snow and ice warning for the rest of the United Kingdom, excluding easternmost parts, will remain in place until midday on Friday.
Friday morning will begin with a frosty start, leading to a bright and cold day with wintry showers fading out as the day goes on.
Friday will be cold, with afternoon temperatures set to be no higher than 6C.More news: Winter Storm Watch in metro Detroit issued for Thursday night, Friday
Tonight it will be cold with mainly clear skies but a widespread frost will be felt throughout the city.
Forecasters reckon snow showers will hit parts of the country tonight and tomorrow morning. Heavy snow showers will follow, and these will be most frequent across Northern Ireland and western Scotland, where 2-5 cm may accumulate above 100m with some snow to low levels too.
"Southwest to west winds will veer northwest and increase fresh and gusty".More news: Spirit passenger flushes pet hamster down toilet after misinformation, report says
"On Friday morning wintry showers will continue for a time, especially in the west and north".
Met Eireann warn that the showers may lead to accumulations of up to 3cm.
He added that some of the colder temperatures experienced lately had also come from Scandinavia. However, a further spell of rain will spread from the Atlantic during the evening, with some heavy bursts expected across northern counties.More news: Cavaliers trading Thomas to Lakers for Nance, Clarkson
Temperatures will barely climb above freezing tomorrow, but with wind-chill, it will feel more like -4 degrees at times.
- Kristaps Porzingis Tears ACL, Dooming Knicks
- Tech's Josh Pastner faces sexual assult lawsuit
- Eye Rolls, Guffaws, Shock Greet Trumps's call for Military Parade
- United Nations investigating reports of chlorine attacks on civilians in Syria
- Cavaliers trade Dwyane Wade to the Heat
- This year's Emoji update finally represents those with red hair
- FBI Investigation Into Death Of Texas Border Patrol Agent Still Open
- Amazon launches 2-hour Whole Foods delivery; nationwide expansion coming
- ESPN Plus streaming service announced for Apple devices
- Drake shoots video at Miami school and donates scholarship