For Wichita, just expect continued cold temperatures and breezy winds for the rest of the night, with some flurries moving through late and exiting tomorrow morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect until noon Sunday for freezing rain and sleet. Skies will turn sunny by Sunday afternoon as highs reach the low to mid 30s.More news: Tech's Josh Pastner faces sexual assult lawsuit
Clouds will clear out overnight, allowing temperatures to rapidly drop.
Sunshine is back in the forecast for Monday but midweek looks fairly cloudy.More news: Boston Herald Apologizes For Fake Story About Tom Brady
Forecasters said latest models suggest that "a long-duration snow event" could start as early as Friday morning and persist into the evening and even into Saturday.
Temperatures remain below freezing across the St. Louis area Saturday afternoon as a wintry mix begins to develop and move into the region from the west and southwest. We could get a little rain (slight chance freezing rain north) Weds. night into Thursday. Ice accumulations less than one-tenth of an inch, but enough in some areas to cause slick travel. Partly sunny, with a high near 78. A light dusting to possibly an inch will be possible in the far southern sections of our area, near Emporia and Burlington. Winter Weather Advisories will continue in northern Kansas tonight. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Temperatures will be on the rebound as we see the sun returning by Monday.More news: Here's how to turn off iPhone throttling with the iOS 11.3 beta
High winds can also result in lower snow ratios since snowflakes can break apart in that situation, says NOAA.
- Warning of ice and snow on Friday for Flintshire and Wrexham
- NVIDIA Corporation Profit Advances In Q4
- Midwest pounded by heavy snow
- Justin Timberlake stuns pushy 'Selfie Kid,' 13, again with Ellen's help
- Hong Kong benchmark heads for correction as China shares tumble
- Iran ready to help Turkey with its concerns in Syria
- Auto Expo 2018 highlights: Electric Vehicles steal the limelight
- One officer dead, two others shot while serving warrant near Atlanta
- Health officials: Third NYC child dies of the flu
- Bangladesh: Opposition leader jailed for 5 years