With Erin Hamlin winning the first singles Olympic luge medal at the 2014 Sochi Games, the United States has finally rounded out their luge trophy case.
The 29-year-old athlete won the silver medal for his excellent placement in the event earlier in the day on Sunday (February 11) in PyeongChang, South Korea.
Chris Mazdzer has used his runners to etch himself a place in history.More news: India hopes to see Palestine becomes sovereign soon: PM
Gleirscher had a four-run cumulative time of 3:10.702, finishing.026 ahead of Mazdzer (3:10.728) and.230 ahead of Ludwig (3:10.932).
Mazdzer slipped to seventh in the fourth run but was still able to stay in second place overall and win the silver medal behind Austrian David Gleirscher, who overtook Loch and Mazdzer on the final run.
Mazdzer then unleashed a third-round run of 47.534, the finest time of the entire competition to date, that vaulted him into second place, just behind Felix Loch's 2:22.259. Mazdzer had previously never finished better than 13th at the winter Olympics.
Loch, who seemed a lock to win his third straight gold medal, hit a wall on his final run and fell to fifth place in the final standings.More news: UFC Fans Can't Get Over Yoel Romero's Defeat Of Luke Rockhold
"Hi everyone this is USA luge racer Chris Mazdzer ok bye", Buzzfeed reporter David Muck brought Mazbdzer's good looks to the internet's attention on Saturday.
(L-R) Chris Mazdzer, David Gleirscher and Johannes Ludwig celebrate after watching the final run of Felix Loch in the luge men's singles at the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang on February 11, 2018 in PyeongChang, South Korea.
The highest the US men had ever placed in the Olympics was fourth in 2002 (Adam Heidt) and 2006 (Tony Benshoof).More news: SBI Q3 earnings today: 4 things to watch out for
- Margie's Money Saver: National Pizza Day deals
- Trump Signs 2-Year Spending Pact
- One officer dead, two others shot while serving warrant near Atlanta
- Eminent Pakistani lawyer, activist Asma Jahangir dead
- Justin Timberlake stuns pushy 'Selfie Kid,' 13, again with Ellen's help
- Martin Schulz exits coalition in bid to stave off revolt
- Here's how to turn off iPhone throttling with the iOS 11.3 beta
- Egypt: Anti-IS operation kills 16 jihadists
- North Korea's Kim Invites S. Korean President for Summit: S. Korea
- Video shows woman believed to have left newborn, note in airport bathroom