Authorities in Charleston, South Carolina, said they found a 4-year-old girl, who went missing Tuesday during a home invasion where her mother was found brutally beaten, in Riverside, Alabama.
Oliver said a railroad crew alerted police after finding a vehicle parked deep into the woods Wednesday near a railroad track on Interstate 20, about 35 miles east of Birmingham. The girl, Heidi Todd, was taken to Alabama after the abduction, where she was found safe, authorities said.
At that point, the suspect gave the little girl to the police chief, telling them he had to get his ID from the vehicle.
An Alabama police chief investigating reports of a suspicious vehicle led to the rescue of a missing Johns Island child and the arrest of her suspected abductor. Prosecutor Scarlett Wilson said Evans has been charged with kidnapping and that she expected to file more charges.More news: Amy Schumer reveals surprise wedding
Heidi Renae Todd was reported missing around 5:50 p.m. on Johns Island.
The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information on a 4-year-old girl who disappeared in SC.
The mother was later found and taken to a hospital to be treated.
Heidi's father, a member of the U.S. Coast Guard, was on a training mission at the time of the incident.More news: Google's Project Fi service now offers data coverage in 170 countries
Officers and first responders were able to find two of her children but were unable to locate Heidi. "She did not invite anyone into her residence", Taylor said.
The FBI is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to the recovery of Todd. When she returned to home around 8:30 a.m., the report says she was entering her home with her three other children, when "she was attacked from behind by a man with a knife".
"It's a coordinated local, state and even federal hunt at this point for Heidi Todd".
Around 5 p.m. Eastern Time, someone called police to report the auto being there as suspicious.More news: IOS 11 tips and tricks for business professionals (free PDF)
Officials are looking for a 4-year-old girl who disappeared in SC. SLED issued a bolo to law enforcement agencies Tuesday night according to an official with the department.
- Small natural disaster that hit Britain was strongest for 10 years
- U.S. media group Salon wants to use your processor to mine cryptocurrency
- Democrats Dominate List of Cash-Rich House Challengers
- Over 50% tariffs on steel recommended to Trump
- Apple HomePods reportedly leaving white ring stains on wooden surface
- United Kingdom aid chief warns charities after Oxfam sex scandal
- Alpine skiing-What to look out for in the women's super-G
- US FCC Faces Internal Probe Into Chairman Ajit Pai's Actions, Says Lawmaker
- Where does the flu shot come from and how does it work?
- UN Mission: Over 3000 Civilians Killed, 7000 Injured in Afghanistan in 2017