John Mackey, the CEO and co-founder of the chain said the chain was excited to launch its Amazon Rewards Visa card in its stores, with benefits to customers on every purchase they make at Whole Foods.
Plus, they also get 2% back at restaurants and gas stations and 1% back on all other purchases. The announcement offers an opportunity to remind everyone about Prime, the fact Amazon offers a Visa card, Whole Foods, and the very generous "5 percent back" offer.
In addition to receiving 5% back on Whole Foods purchases, Amazon Prime Rewards Visa cardholders earn the same percentage back on Amazon.com orders.More news: An Indian character is causing Apple devices to crash
Read the full article on GeekWire.
Amazon has added yet another perk to its $99-per-year Prime membership scheme. The retailer already has the same offer for cash back rewards to cardholders who purchase items on their website.
Amazon acquired Whole Foods previous year for $13.7 billion.More news: German reporter freed from Turkish jail, pending trial
Earlier this month, it started delivering on that promise by offering free two-hour delivery from Whole Foods to Prime members in four cities.
Amazon has announced that its Rewards Visa cardmembers will be receiving rewards for shopping at Whole Foods.
Amazon has also made other moves since taking over Whole Foods. It's yet another example of Amazon's $13.7 billion acquisition in action.More news: How effective is this year's flu shot?
- Buccaneers Release Doug Martin
- SC kidnapping suspect arrested in Mississippi
- Woods one-over in roller-coaster return to Riviera
- IDF Soldiers Injured In Bomb Blast At Gaza Border; IDF Retaliates
- Where does the flu shot come from and how does it work?
- IOS 11 tips and tricks for business professionals (free PDF)
- Food bank asks for donations to prepare for possible SNAP cuts
- Steam's wishlist tool has had an overhaul
- Israel's Netanyahu says will act against Iran if needed
- Burnout Paradise: Remastered Coming To PS4 & Xbox One On March 16th