What's at stake is apparently a higher paycheck, which would make sense for the actress, who's been with the series since the beginning of season two.
Now it's been announced that Cohan has indeed landed a new pilot deal; she'll be starring in a pilot called Whiskey Cavalier for ABC. Cohan reportedly wanted her salary to be closer to her male co-stars, Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus, but AMC was unwilling to meet her demands.More news: Israel's Netanyahu says will act against Iran if needed
Maggie first emerged on The Walking Dead in Season 2 and quickly became one of the show's most popular characters. Cohan's contract was up at the end of TWD's current eighth season, making her available for new series.
And it seems her exit from the show could now have been confirmed, as Lauren has joined the cast of a new ABC show. Whiskey Cavalier can move forward with Cohan but merely feature her in a handful of episodes as she fulfills duties of an eventual Season Nine contract. "The Walking Dead" returns from its midseason hiatus on February 25. Insiders suggest that Cohan was actively looking for her next job and not trying to use the pilot casting process to force AMC's hand as the actress' camp remains frustrated by AMC's lowball offers.More news: An Indian character is causing Apple devices to crash
Whiskey Cavalier, starring Scandal's Scott Foley, is described as high-octane hourlong action dramedy that follows the adventures of tough but tender Federal Bureau of Investigation super-agent Will Chase (codename: "Whiskey Cavalier") who, following an emotional breakup, is assigned to work with badass Central Intelligence Agency operative Francesca "Frankie" Trowbridge (codename: "Fiery Tribune"). She'll play the female lead alongside Scandal actor Scott Foley, leading fans to wonder if her time in the zombie apocalypse is limited?
- Burnout Paradise: Remastered Coming To PS4 & Xbox One On March 16th
- Black Panther Arrives at Disney California Adventure
- German reporter freed from Turkish jail, pending trial
- Champions League: Chelsea vs Barcelona: Hazard compares himself with Messi
- Olympics: Czech hockey team defeats Canada 3-2 in shootout
- 'Mad David, Brexit Road': UK Slams European Commission's 'Cancer' Scenario
- More than 20000 catch measles as parents shun vaccination
- Jackson Local Schools in OH on lockdown after student shoots himself
- Iran, India slam states aiding terror
- On AAP vs Delhi Chief Secretary tussle, Rajnath says 'deeply pained'