As of last week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says there have been 84 flu-related deaths of children across the country.
The number of flu-related deaths statewide is at 132.
The health department reported the latest child death on Tuesday.More news: 'Mad David, Brexit Road': UK Slams European Commission's 'Cancer' Scenario
"We wanted to provide reassurance that these vaccines, which are recommended for all pregnant women, aren't creating a risk for the baby", Sukumaran said by email.
As of February 3, 63 infants died this season, the CDC reported earlier, adding outbreaks were likely to linger for several weeks and cause more deaths.
"The nasal flu vaccine is a great tool to have in that toolbox of different options people can get for the shots", Nordlund said.More news: Black Panther Arrives at Disney California Adventure
Flu activity is now widespread in most of the U.S.
Vaccinating women during pregnancy can transfer some immunity to newborns and help protect them during these vulnerable early months of life, previous research has shown. For people at high risk of severe complications who become sick with influenza-like illness, it is recommended they talk to their healthcare provider about being evaluated for antiviral medications.
It's highly recommended that children between 2 and 5 should get the flu shot, especially children who are born with various medical conditions such as diabetes, heart conditions, and lung disease.More news: American Airlines employee saves two teenage girls from possible human trafficking plot
To assess the safety of the flu and Tdap vaccines, Sukumaran and her colleagues gathered information from the Vaccine Safety Datalink, a collaboration between the CDC and eight health care systems across the nation. Influenza vaccines is on the agenda.
- Burnout Paradise: Remastered Coming To PS4 & Xbox One On March 16th
- More than 20000 catch measles as parents shun vaccination
- Russian Federation urges U.S. not to play with fire in Syria
- Israel's Netanyahu says will act against Iran if needed
- German reporter freed from Turkish jail, pending trial
- Facebook's secret weapon in the fight against foreign meddling? Postcards
- How effective is this year's flu shot?
- An Indian character is causing Apple devices to crash
- Olympics: Czech hockey team defeats Canada 3-2 in shootout
- Police suspect Benjamin Netanyahu associate of trying to bribe judge