Leaders of businesses including the Aditya Birla Group, Mahindra and Mahindra group, Tata group and Adani group announced big investments in Uttar Pradesh over the next few years, at the investor summit.
"Uttar Pradesh has values and virtues, but it also needs value addition", the prime minister said lauding the new policy "One district one product" of the Yogi government and said it could prove to be the game-changer for the state.
"The government has shown its keenness towards improving infrastructure, connectivity, industrial output and Ease of Doing Business in the state".More news: Third doping scandal hits Games, overshadows magic on ice
He said that improvement in controlling crime will give a new dimension to investments in Uttar Pradesh.
Reliance Industries (RIL) chairman and managing director Mukesh Ambani on Wednesday said Reliance Jio will be making an investment of Rs 10,000 crore in Uttar Pradesh over the next three years.
Kumar Mangalam Birla said they are planning to invest around 25,000 crores in Uttar Pradesh in the near future.
The Prime Minister said, Rs Rs We have former Mauritius President, PM Sir Aniroodh Jugnauth and investors from across the globe at the summit.More news: 11 die from flu this season in Tenn., including 10 children
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi addresses the gathering on the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas, at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, in New Delhi on October 31, 2017.
Adani group chairperson Gautam Adani said his group would develop a logistics park in the state.
Anand Mahindra, chairman of Mahindra Group, said that UP's size, long rail network and human resource makes it a country in itself and should be competing not with other states, but with other nations. The focused areas are civil aviation, ITEs, dairy, electronics manufacturing, tourism, renewable energy, film, handloom and textile, agro and food processing.
The summit brings together heads of state and governments, ministers, leaders from the corporate world, senior policymakers, heads of global institutions and academicians from across the globe.More news: An Indian character is causing Apple devices to crash
- Israel's Netanyahu says will act against Iran if needed
- Thank George and Abe for day of leisure
- Russian Federation urges U.S. not to play with fire in Syria
- Buccaneers Release Doug Martin
- Facebook's secret weapon in the fight against foreign meddling? Postcards
- Venezuela Set To Launch The Petro, Its New Cryptocurrency
- 'Mad David, Brexit Road': UK Slams European Commission's 'Cancer' Scenario
- Burnout Paradise: Remastered Coming To PS4 & Xbox One On March 16th
- Alan Pardew: 'I am still the right man for the job'
- UK wages pick up with fewer foreign nationals in the workforce