A billion Dollar dive in the value of Snapchat stock is being blamed on a single tweet from reality TV star Kylie Jenner. "Or is it just me... ugh this is so sad", the youngest of the KarJenner clan wrote.
She told her 24.5 million followers she was no longer using Snapchat in a Tweet that said: "Sooo does anyone else not open Snapchat anymore?"
Earlier this month, the new mom commented on the recent changes to the app's interface on Twitter.More news: Venezuela Set To Launch The Petro, Its New Cryptocurrency
The company, however, did not back down from its plan to continue with the redesign.
Snap's response points to additional changes that it announced yesterday, including a tabs feature that lets users "sort things like Stories, Group Chats, and Subscriptions, allowing you to further customise your own experience on the app".
Snapchat today officially responded to a Change.org petition that has accumulated almost 1.5 million signatures and asks the company revert to the old design of the application. Last year, E! even launched a Snapchat companion show to her Life of Kylie series called Ask Kylie.More news: Apple in talks to buy its cobalt directly from the mining companies
Social media has been filled with complaints about the update, where users have taken issue with a number of changes.
In its response, Snap stated that it made an effort to pool everything into one place to enable users to connect with people they care about. Users have complained about this change, and said it's also more hard to find posts from friends you communicate with less frequently.
Mr Spiegel had something to soften the blow, though, with news on Thursday that his total pay previous year was a staggering $637.8m. "This new foundation is just the beginning, and we will always listen closely to find new ways to make the service better for everyone", the company said.
Maybe they should hire Jenner as a consultant for their next redesign?More news: Terrorist Trying to Attack Israeli Soldiers Dies After Being Shot by IDF
- PTI releases video statement after Nawaz Sharif's ouster as PML-N head
- Facebook's secret weapon in the fight against foreign meddling? Postcards
- UK wages pick up with fewer foreign nationals in the workforce
- The Walking Dead season 8
- Austin Dillon Wins Wreck-Filled Daytona 500
- Turkish Shelling Near Afrin After Syrian Government Allied Troops Arrive
- Police suspect Benjamin Netanyahu associate of trying to bribe judge
- Government transforming aviation sector: Narendra Modi
- American Airlines employee saves two teenage girls from possible human trafficking plot
- 'Mad David, Brexit Road': UK Slams European Commission's 'Cancer' Scenario