Countless customers were left shocked and frustrated that BB&T was down overnight, an incident blamed on a 'technical issue, ' according to the bank.
Officials say at this time, automated Phone24 service and ATMs are now available, but some account information has not yet been fully updated from yesterday.More news: Another Federal Grand Jury Has Indicted Paul Manafort And Rick Gates
The bank added, "we have no reason to believe this issue is related to cybersecurity".
The problem was first reported Thursday.
The bank has stated that the incident doesn't appear to be a cyberattack of any kind, but rather a technical error.More news: Borussia Dortmund condemn alleged racist chants towards Michy Batshuayi
An outage map showed areas like Virginia, central Florida, northern Ohio, Maryland, north Georgia and Pennsyvlania being affected on Friday. Automated phone service and ATMs restored.
Millions of BB&T customers were unable to access their accounts after a service outage which the bank blames on an equipment malfunction.
The company said if anyone has incurred fees "directly related to this outage", the bank will waive or reimburse them. We hear your frustration, and we are committed to making this right. "We will continue to provide updates here and on http://BBT.com", officials with the Winston-Salem-based bank wrote Thursday night on Twitter.More news: City Officials: Car Crash Into Hospital Was Intentional
- Florida lawmakers declare porn a public health risk
- PTI releases video statement after Nawaz Sharif's ouster as PML-N head
- Terrorist Trying to Attack Israeli Soldiers Dies After Being Shot by IDF
- Ferrari unveil new vehicle for 2018 Formula 1 season
- Gallant Nigerian soldiers rescue Yobe schoolgirls abducted by Boko Haram
- Tiger Woods positive after first-round 70 at Honda Classic
- Emily Ratajkowski's Surprise Wedding: All the Details on Her $200 Zara Pantsuit
- World Class Salah Can Win Liverpool the Champions League
- Netanyahu's confidant agrees to testify against him in graft probe
- Edge College observes International Mother Language Day