The Italians had been 2-1 up in Dortmund before capitulating 3-2 to two late goals, and were 1-0 up for most of this evening until a Marcel Schmelzer equaliser seven minutes from time sent them through 4-3 on aggregate.
The Belgian striker moved to the German club on loan on deadline day from Chelsea. Batshuayi took to Twitter and slammed those participating in the chants from the stands saying that he couldn't believe these things still happen in 2018.More news: Armed deputy at Florida school resigns after failing to engage shooter
"I'll be honest, I didn't hear them. This should never happen", Percassi told Sky Italia, as quoted by Football Italia.
Dortmund coach Peter Stoger named the former Marseille man up front as the Westfalenstadion outfit looked to book their place in the last 16.
The striker has settled in brilliantly in Dortmund, enjoying a fine run of form since joining on loan from Chelsea.More news: Realtors Say Existing Home Sales Plummeted in January
Atalanta were punished as recently as January after Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly was subjected to racist abuse during a Serie A match.
Just days after joining the club, Batshuayi scored twice on his debut against Koln, announcing himself as an instant hit among the club's supporters.More news: Will the FCC overturn net neutrality?
- S. Korea adds third gold medal, second bronze on Saturday games
- Austin Dillon Wins Wreck-Filled Daytona 500
- UK wages pick up with fewer foreign nationals in the workforce
- Ferrari unveil new vehicle for 2018 Formula 1 season
- Another Federal Grand Jury Has Indicted Paul Manafort And Rick Gates
- Moto G6 Plus Leaked Render Reveals 5 Color Variants
- Netanyahu's confidant agrees to testify against him in graft probe
- Steelers earn zero compensatory picks for 2018 National Football League draft
- PTI releases video statement after Nawaz Sharif's ouster as PML-N head
- Antidepressants work, says major new study