The prefectural police believe all the newly found body parts are those of the missing woman and are working to confirm the body's identity.
Eventually, he led investigators to a woman's naked torso in a mountainous area of the Osaka Prefecture, then two arms placed side by side about 600 yards from the torso, then a pair of legs in the neighboring Kyoto Prefecture, the Asahi Shimbun said.
Video footage taken by a surveillance camera at the first apartment showed the man and the woman entering the building together. Sources cited by Kyodo said a large amount of air freshener had been used inside the apartment but no blood had been found. Both legs were found in Yamashina.More news: Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle: Gosling rescues Cherries (3:11)
Police found Bayraktar, who was staying in the Higashinari condo unit, in Nara and attested him on suspicion of confining the woman.
They believe that all belong to the same woman, described as a 27-year-old company employee from Sanda, in Hyogo prefecture, 25 miles from Osaka. However, the woman was not found inside. "It became impossible to locate the woman as the battery on her mobile phone went dead afterward", reported Asahi.com.
Video records from security cameras and other devices showed that Bayraktar went in and out of the Higashinari condominium several times carrying a large travel bag on February 18.More news: Joanna Demafelis: Employers of Filipina maid found dead in freezer arrested
He traveled from his home in NY to Japan last month, where he claimed to have planned a sightseeing trip.
Two days before she was reported missing, the woman, who has not been named by Japanese media, had reportedly told friends she was going to visit an American she had met online.
Authorities made a grisly and horrific discovery: A severed head allegedly inside the man's luggage. She was reported missing when she was unable to be contacted or located after her mobile phone died. After he was interrogated, police say Bayraktar told them he buried the woman's body in three different areas in western Japan.More news: US tightens sanctions on North Korea
Police refused to confirm he had been arrested.
- Mexican president's US visit called off after border wall row with Trump
- Blake Bortles contract details prove Jaguars made incredibly smart decision
- Palakkad Police Arrests 16 Persons For Lynching Tribal Man
- Gosling stuns Newcastle to snatch draw for Bournemouth
- At least 22 Afghan soldiers killed in Taliban attack on military base
- Billy Graham's body makes four-hour processional from Ashville to Charlotte, pictures
- Heyman: Lesnar 'Always Ready' to Fight in UFC
- Nagasu 10th in ladies single event at 2018 Olympic Winter Games
- Pep Guardiola: Manchester City manager charged for wearing political ribbon
- LOC ceasefire: Indian forces martyr Pakistani civilian