Luis Suarez completed his hat-trick after Lionel Messi's brilliant first-half brace and Philippe Coutinho scored his first league goal for Barca in spectacular fashion. Within five minutes the match was 1-1 and the atmosphere in Camp Nou was electric.
The Argentine global set up Luis Suarez for the equaliser before beating three defenders inside the box to give Barca the lead. "He fooled everyone with his goal from the free kick under the wall".More news: Weekend Review: Bookies clean up on England's shock Six Nations defeat
"Leo is awesome", Coutinho told Movistar. He's come here with Girona, who are having an extraordinary season and he is leading a team who are in their first ever season in the first division; they are play at an incredible level.
The rout was wrapped up when Ousmane Dembele provided a cross for Suarez to tap home to get his hat-trick whilst making the score-line a very one-sided 6-1. They pressed up high, and as soon as we surpassed that early pressure, we had chances to score.
Messi got onto the scoresheet on the half-hour mark in typical Messi fashion as he squared Bounou up with a few touches before slotting an effort past the goalkeeper's outstretched hands into the corner from 12 yards out.More news: The Dropbox IPO is finally happening
Lionel Messi continued his return to goalscoring form with a double to reach 30 in all competitions for the season, as Barca extended their advantage over closest title rivals Atletico Madrid, who visit Sevilla on Sunday.
"When you think you have seen everything he goes and surprises you with a goal like that from the free kick", Valverde said about Messi.
"Both [Coutinho and Dembele] are players we have high hopes for", Valverde added.More news: US tightens sanctions on North Korea
"Dembele is a wider and younger player". Meanwhile, Messi has now broken the record for the number of La Liga assists.
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln croons a goofy goodbye for Chandler Riggs
- Suspected militants attack Hurriyat leaders residence,cop injured
- Nagasu 10th in ladies single event at 2018 Olympic Winter Games
- Mexican president's US visit called off after border wall row with Trump
- Sridevi's former co-stars Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan land in Mumbai to console family
- Switching to 'megaphone' diplomacy, Iran threatens to leave nuclear deal
- Travis Scott Reportedly Gifts Kylie Jenner With A $1.4 Million Ferrari
- Winter Olympics 2018: Russian bobsledder Sergeeva disqualified and suspended for doping violation
- Severed body parts found in Japan
- National Hockey League trade deadline: Rangers' Rick Nash headed to Bruins in blockbuster deal