'We look forward to being a part of the Amazon team as we work toward our vision for safer neighbourhoods'.
Details on what Amazon will do with Ring are also being kept under wraps, but the safe bet is on Amazon integrating Ring's products into its own portfolio of smart kit and software, notably adding in Alexa integration.More news: 'Black Panther' Shatters Box Office Record, Crosses $700 Million Globally
It's likely that Amazon could make use of the Ring technology to help make customers more comfortable with the retailer's new service that allows couriers to open their front door to deliver parcels, even when the owners aren't at home.
Amazon is expanding its home-security business by buying Ring, which makes WiFi-connected cameras and doorbells.
Amazon and Ring both declined to comment on the terms of the transaction. That being said, Amazon has partnered with Ring in the past via Alexa Fund, a fund that invests in companies utilizing Alexa voice tech.
Amazon's acquisition of Ring and Blink could no doubt help the company alleviate homeowner concerns about direct-to-home Amazon deliveries.More news: PSG sweat over Neymar injury ahead of return leg against Real Madrid
Each Key kit includes an Amazon Cloud Cam synched to the internet and a smart door lock. Amazon put in to Ring a year ago through its enterprise capital arm, the Alexa Fund. Amazon uses Alexa fund to support businesses that develop apps for the Echo and Alexa. Motorola Solutions Inc. agreed this month to buy commercial security camera and video analytics maker Avigilon Corp. for about $1 billion, including debt.
Analyst James Cakmak said that the acquisition will create connection that will further bolster trust between the brand and consumers, boost market for delivery, and in turn, put the company on the same day and same hour efforts, while everyone else is facing the two-day battle. "By working with Alexa, Ring is making home security even simpler and more convenient".
Google, one of Amazon's biggest rivals, is also an increasingly important player in home automation and security, with its Nest thermostats and security cameras.More news: Kanye West and Kim Kardashian to Appear on 'Celebrity Family Feud'
- Sridevi's former co-stars Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan land in Mumbai to console family
- Trump Wants Kushner To Keep His Job Despite Clearance Issues
- Larger Rise in Stockpiles Than Forecasts Weigh on Oil Prices
- Heyman: Lesnar 'Always Ready' to Fight in UFC
- Suarez Scores Hat-Trick As Barcelona Thump Girona
- Czech court releases Syrian Kurdish leader Saleh Muslim
- Could Northampton's Prezzo be at risk?
- Suspected militants attack Hurriyat leaders residence,cop injured
- Travis Scott Reportedly Gifts Kylie Jenner With A $1.4 Million Ferrari
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln croons a goofy goodbye for Chandler Riggs