"The centers offer a unique concierge-like healthcare experience for employees and their dependents", according to the website.More news: Suspected militants attack Hurriyat leaders residence,cop injured
Apple is pushing to launch two new healthcare centers for its employees and family members.
The announcement follows news in late January that Amazon, Berkshire and JPMorgan were banding together to form an entity "free from profit-making incentives and constraints" and would focus on leveraging technology to offer "simplified, high-quality and transparent healthcare at a reasonable cost". Additionally, there are openings for a clinical exercise coach who will "help patients improve health and wellness through sustainable exercise and physical activity-related behavior change", as well as additional positions listed on Indeed and LinkedIn. As first reported by CNBC yesterday, Apple "quietly published a website, acwellness.com, with more details about its initiative and a careers page listing jobs". The company already promotes its Apple Watch as a health-monitoring device capable of more than simple fitness tracking.
The blabbermouths said the company would use its medical clinics to test its growing range of health services - and tech products.More news: Blake Bortles contract details prove Jaguars made incredibly smart decision
Apple CEO Tim Cook recently told shareholders that it could make a "significant contribution" in health care. Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment about its plans.
The hope of the new healthcare system is to extend the services to "potentially all Americans" and end the capitalisation of traditional healthcare with a new not-for-profit healthcare company.More news: Billy Graham's body makes four-hour processional from Ashville to Charlotte, pictures
- 'Black Panther' Shatters Box Office Record, Crosses $700 Million Globally
- National Hockey League trade deadline: Rangers' Rick Nash headed to Bruins in blockbuster deal
- Suarez Scores Hat-Trick As Barcelona Thump Girona
- Larger Rise in Stockpiles Than Forecasts Weigh on Oil Prices
- Saudi-led air strikes kill nine in Yemen
- Amazon buys Ring in another move to get into your house
- LOC ceasefire: Indian forces martyr Pakistani civilian
- Trump Wants Kushner To Keep His Job Despite Clearance Issues
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln croons a goofy goodbye for Chandler Riggs
- Travis Scott Reportedly Gifts Kylie Jenner With A $1.4 Million Ferrari